Quantcast

what's up for the weekend?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not much planned for myself, aside from meeting up w/ my old college roommate and heading to the BC hoop game on sat night. will probably play around w/ the kids in the snow too. looks like it'll be downright warm (near freezing) this weekend. :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC is taking me out for a hearty steak dinner tonight to celebrate my promotion at work.

Tomorrow is a lot of running around and chores (taking my bike to the shop, washing the car, grocery shopping, etc). When MBC gets out of work tomorrow afternoon, we're heading to Mt Snow to ski Sunday.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I have eaten 1 lb of bacon so far today. That and the Atlantic Ocean has frozen over. Oh wait, what are we talking about?
As far as the weekend goes, I hope to ride if this so called heat wave happens.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Snow Riding! About freekin' time. The forecast call for temps in the high 20's low 30's. All the trails are sufficiently packed down. And conditions should be perfect for snow riding. I was hoping I could get out there tonight and stomp down so special trails for tomorrow but it will be to cold and the snow is to powdery. We should get rides in both saturday and sunday. I am psyched......jdcamb

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Not much... probably house work like every other weekend. The trails that are packed down I leave alone during the winter for the XC skiiers. The bikign trails are probably going to have too much snow on them to ride.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Going to go for a frozen mud ride tomorrow morning. Supposed to rain on Sunday so I'll be relagated to the gym. Other than that I'll probably just drink beer at throw things for dogs to chase.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
I'll prolly' change my fork oil in my 888 tonight after I get home from the gym & eat dinner...

Tomorrow I'm gunna attempt to do 1 full hour of cardio. I can usually pull off 45 minutes worth, but I'm gunna attempt 1 full hour. After that, I'll see what my boys are up to.
We're supposedly getting some snow this weekend, so I dunno if many outdoor activities will commence... :(

Sunday, I'll probably sleep in really late, and then go to the gym in the afternoon for a little while. See if I can call up the ladies and get em' in my hottub with me. ;)

-Matt

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BigHit-Maniac said:
Tomorrow I'm gunna attempt to do 1 full hour of cardio. I can usually pull off 45 minutes worth, but I'm gunna attempt 1 full hour.
what cardio are you doing? my gym's spin classes are usually 60 min, but there are "express" ones which are 45 min and are typically interval-type training.

say hi to roger clemens for me.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
narlus said:
what cardio are you doing? my gym's spin classes are usually 60 min, but there are "express" ones which are 45 min and are typically interval-type training.

say hi to roger clemens for me.
Haha.

I usually do the elliptical on a high resistance for about 20 minutes, and then fast-jog for about 25 minutes on the treadmill on a decent incline.

I'm trying to kill the fat on my abs... :nuts: ... arrrgghhh..

Anyway, how about you? Whatta u do for cardio?

-Matt

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BigHit-Maniac said:
Anyway, how about you? Whatta u do for cardio?

-Matt
i've been doing spin classes 2-3 times a week since mid-Dec, but lately am looking to drop that to 1-2 times a week, w/ some other cardio thrown in (lately it's been a combo of the rowing machine and the stationary bike (trying to build a bit more a base, as i think i've been redlining too much in spin classes). i also started the yuppie weight machines a week and a half ago.

i figure once it gets nicer out, i'll do more jogging and actual mtb riding for cardio, but i think i'll definitely try to keep at least 1 spin class per week (along w/ the weight training, which i hope helps me a lot w/ handling the DH bike. maybe i will get so big that i can use the monster T again).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i'm planning on starting a new book, and generally being a recluse

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Resting off an episode of drunkeness from last nights family meet. Who knew there would be four shots of tequila in a Miako Sunrise? and that was after a bit of pre-prep before we went to dinner.

Got my Enduro Pro today. Built it up and am still in awe at the massiveness of the Fox 36. It's such a beast. Also went to the ortho today and found out good news: no broken bones in my wrist and bad news: tore some stuff. I'm going to splint it up and try to hit the trails for some snowy riding.

Other than that, I'm going to rebuild my laptop again thanks to our corporate group policy jacking up my system...again. No more joining the network. Oh, and I have one more Beast to finish drinking.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Going to Bavarian Night at the mountain. Lots of drunk people + fireworks + flares = fun :D

And snowboard for the rest of the weekend.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
yea its perfect 'round here to ride some trails......but i'm having a lady friend stay over for the weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
johnbryanpeters said:
Ya, once that stuff's gone, I want to try some of your Saratoga trails...
You're always more than welcome up in 'toga town JBP!! Let me know when you're headed up this way and maybe I can get Treesaw and a slew of others to join us. :thumb:

berkshire_rider is a Masshole now. :rolleyes: