Quantcast

What's up wit Snowshoe's Schedule?!?!?!

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
I was looking at the schedule for the mayhem race this weekend....and it looks like there's only 2 hours DH practice on Sat, and only a half hour on Sun. I'm not knocking the guys who have spent MASSIVE ammounts of time building and cutting the trails out there, but how can anyone enjoy the trails if we can only ride them for two and a half hours???? I know...Snowshoe's trails have been open since Memorial Day, but I know I'm not the only one out there that works alot, and doesn't have the time to go to Snowshoe every other week. It may sound like I'm whinning, but I'm not. Like I said before they guys out at the mountain have done an amazing job. I've cut and taped DH courses, raked MTX courses, and helped out organizing races on other mountains, and Snowshoe...it's hard work! But come on..2 and a half hours of DH all weekend??? I know I could fill up the rest of the time during the weekend eating $12 cheeseburgers and drinking beers for $5.25 apiece, but I'd much rather ride my bike. Anyway call me bitter, call me a whinning little biz-natch...call me anything u want, but it just seems like people that are in charge of scheduling events this year aren't on the same page with the people who are riding these same events. 'Nuff said.

SHEDPIMP

"Jesus built be DH bike...it's alove affair..mainly Jesus and my DH bike."

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Yeah, that's a little odd considering that last year's Mayhem race was practice from something like 9-5 on Saturday and 9-12 on Sunday.... :confused: Oh well, more time to ride the FR trails.

You're still a whiney little bitch though....

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Actually, the practice times for Saturday on the webpage are wrong. There will be an open practice all day long on both courses (pro/ex and sport/beg). I don't know exactly what the schedule was posted as that though. Anyways, everyone should know better than to think we don't know what we are doing........misprints, typos, and mis-communication happen all the time.

ShedPimp, who are you? I used to go to college a mere half hour from Frederick and rode the shed/gambrill all the time. Trying to put a name to a face or a ride that might have seen in the last three or four years that I have been here at Snowshoe.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
SHEDPIMP said:
I was looking at the schedule for the mayhem race this weekend....and it looks like there's only 2 hours DH practice on Sat, and only a half hour on Sun. I'm not knocking the guys who have spent MASSIVE ammounts of time building and cutting the trails out there, but how can anyone enjoy the trails if we can only ride them for two and a half hours???? I know...Snowshoe's trails have been open since Memorial Day, but I know I'm not the only one out there that works alot, and doesn't have the time to go to Snowshoe every other week. It may sound like I'm whinning, but I'm not. Like I said before they guys out at the mountain have done an amazing job. I've cut and taped DH courses, raked MTX courses, and helped out organizing races on other mountains, and Snowshoe...it's hard work! But come on..2 and a half hours of DH all weekend??? I know I could fill up the rest of the time during the weekend eating $12 cheeseburgers and drinking beers for $5.25 apiece, but I'd much rather ride my bike. Anyway call me bitter, call me a whinning little biz-natch...call me anything u want, but it just seems like people that are in charge of scheduling events this year aren't on the same page with the people who are riding these same events. 'Nuff said.

SHEDPIMP

"Jesus built be DH bike...it's alove affair..mainly Jesus and my DH bike."
you need all the practice you can get ;) biznatch

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I would hope not. Racers pay to ride the course and during practice it's hard enough getting around the people who are practicing for the race, let alone if there was an added # of people who weren't even racing.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
WORD!!!
matt i hear you brother. not to be an a$$ but matts right. not to mention the sport riders that sneak on during pro/ex practice, when were trying to get some clean full runs at speed.

long live the green

bud that is

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
Ok here's what I kno...based on my very limited ka-nowledge. The freeride park will be open on Sat. As for racers/freeriders bumping into each other, I can't see that happening, because the freeride park is on the other side of the mountian from the DH course. The Dh runs are in the western territory, whereas the freeride stuff is near the MTX course. The only thing I do not know is wether the entry fee covers a day of riding in the park??? Hulk can u shed any light on this?????

SHEDPIMP

"I wasn't drunk in pub-lick I was drunk in a bar..they threw me INTO pub-lick.....arrest them!"

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
banche said:
WORD!!!
matt i hear you brother. not to be an a$$ but matts right. not to mention the sport riders that sneak on during pro/ex practice, when were trying to get some clean full runs at speed.

long live the green

bud that is

Sharing the course last year was bad enough. Everytime I went to hit a rock drop there was a beg/sport coming through the landing area. No course marshall to direct traffic.

Mike

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
SHEDPIMP said:
As for racers/freeriders bumping into each other, I can't see that happening, because the freeride park is on the other side of the mountian from the DH course. The Dh runs are in the western territory, whereas the freeride stuff is near the MTX course.
It becomes a problem if the non-racers are allowed onto the RACE COURSE, which is what Matt and Bunch are talking about......

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
Yepper, It looks like we will just have to tell those snowshoe people what's up. I know I'll need all the time I can get to practice, especially for the price of crap up there.

no worries SHEDPIMP, I'll be on your wheel no matter where you are. :)

--z--