Quantcast

What's up with EC taking out the little guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
This seems to be getting blown way out of proportion...Relax people.
Shure is....by you!:clapping:

from jill kintner "Coming into the 3rd turn, Mitch goes for one of those squared up inside moves that takes out 3 guys. EC ran out of the crash on his feet, narrowly escaping a plummet over the turn. They all scramble for bikes, and ec taught mitch a lesson in the very next turn which sent him flying over that berm.QUOTE]

You live by the sword....You die by the sword

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
What happened to the days where when someone has a problem with somebody else they actually say it to their face, instead of message boards, twitter, facebook, ect....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Idk who said it... but

rubbing is racing
I think mountain bikers have a very loose interpretation of this, but I have no problem with it. I think this particular incident pushed the bounds a bit, but the new guy has to learn somehow.

I just want a race where you can take other riders out with a mace or a club or some sh*t. I will call it "Thunderdome".

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
If he wanted to ride by himself the whole time, he wouldn't bother to show up at all.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Question remains, who decided to build a berm right along side a head level metal bar?

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
It sounds as if the people that actually race 4X seem to think that EC was in the right, and others don't. If 4X has a certain unofficial code by which it regulates the behavior of its athletes (and it sounds like it does) then I don't see any problem with this.

A lot of sports have similiar unofficial rules and methods for showing new athletes the proper way to conduct themselves. It doesn't sound like this kid was victimized. Rather, it seems he was taught an important lesson early in his career.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I will tell you whats crazy, is that this fontucky 'issue' is getting more legs than Deldycke cleaning out Graves at the worlds!!

Gotta love the intardnet.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I will tell you whats crazy, is that this fontucky 'issue' is getting more legs than Deldycke cleaning out Graves at the worlds!!

Gotta love the intardnet.
I have thought of that since the first post. Sucks ass but you brush yourself off and race another day.

It's over and done.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If 4X has a certain unofficial code by which it regulates the behavior of its athletes (and it sounds like it does) then I don't see any problem with this.
i wouldnt say its so much of a "unofficial code," but more like common sense. the kid tried to pull a bonehead move and took people out. EC apparently showed him you can do crap like that. EC and the other pros are doing this for a living and taking someone out when theres no need to if just stupid IMO.
sure, rubbin is racing, but taking out a whole field is just plain d!ck

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
actually a metal railing was put in for this race to frame banners, normally it isn't there,

it worked out great in what Braap thinks was an evil 8th grade plot to injury
Mitch. i will post a response in a bit to all of this nonsense.

Question remains, who decided to build a berm right along side a head level metal bar?

Last edited:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Braap.... this isn't Boxing or Wrestling.... we don't weight in before our races, trying to play the sympathy card with your thread topic i found interesting.

your point in another post about him being 100lb's has no relevance...pro is pro and i dont race anyone diffrent, or bump anyone different for that matter.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Braap.... this isn't Boxing or Wrestling.... we don't weight in before our races, trying to play the sympathy card with your thread topic i found interesting.

your point in another post about him being 100lb's has no relevance...pro is pro and i dont race anyone diffrent, or bump anyone different for that matter.
you big bully

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

I seen you in the 'bounce house' before too, and you are soooo aggressive!

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
For the record i'm not trying to defend what i did....i don't even think it was the classiest of moves, but i would do it the same way if it happened again...i don't expect people to agree with it or like it, but it is what it is.

Based on my discussion with Mitch post race, He didn't clean me out first on purpose, i also know he made a conscious choice to go for a crazy hero move that he thought and still thinks he could have pulled.

in Mitch's words Blake ran him extremely high in turn two and when he was going into turn 3 he had no where to go and was forced into an extreme inside line...then he said Blake disappeared(hit his brakes to make the turn) and he just thought he had to go for it. i know his intention was not to take us out.....but that doesn't change the fact that he cleaned me out.....

After i asked him why he didn't hit his brakes and
check up....he told me he just had to go for it because he really hates to lose.

There is no doubt he is young kid and has a bright future ahead of himself,but not riding like this.

Braap...i don't understand why you are so worked up for "everyone to see what went down" ?

A mob of people are always correct, right?

Most of that mob where people who were standing in the corner where i took Mitch down....there was a large group of folks who felt that everything was taken care of on the track and what went down was justified.

I had a number of people come up to me who were initially very mad at the finish line and tell me on Sunday...Hey i didn't know that he cleaned you out up top....It all makes sense now.

I went to Mitch post race and he still felt his move was justified and that he could make it, which after going back and looking at his line and the marks...Sam Hill couldn't pull that line on the track alone at the speed Mitch was going.

Now to the harm part...i didn't want to hurt Mitch nor did he want to hurt me when we took each other out. I did intended to hit him hard and knock him down, just as was done to me.

I dont expect Mitch or any other rider to have respect for "Eric Carter" for what i have accomplished in the sport, he should race me hard, just like Blake Carney did the week before when he put a good move on me, we made contact, i went over a berm, I told him after the race i was mad at myself for letting him in on me and that he should continue to ride aggressive.

I think when every rider lines up they should be given equal respect as a pro, hard riding and stupid riding are 2 different things, and sometimes that needs to be drilled into a rider...i know it did to me a couple of times.

Mitch needs to learn that you can't come through a Pro MountainCross field like it's 16 EX at a BMX race with inside bomber moves, i can promise you that if he continues to ride like this the results will be similar...maybe not as intense but it will get ugly, i have a lot of respect for Mitch's skill, talent and youthful determination and told him so after the race... he just needs to back it down 2%, you cant win every turn of every race every time.

as far as i know Mitch and I left it on the track in that final? i guess we will see in the future?

if the mob rule feels the need to tar, feather and lynch me....let me know where i need to show up and we can get it over with so ya'll feel better.

E.C.

Come on...Does anyone have the video? I want everyone to see what went down!
If E.C. already has quotes trying to defend his actions, this shows something. (I am not the only person who is asking about it). From what I understand...There was quite a mob at the bottom of the race saying that what went down was wrong. I agree, it's not smart for Mitch to take out the entire class on a dumb move, and I am sure it's something he will learn from. But for EC to intentionally T-Bone him with the intention of harm...that's wrong.

It's one thing to teach the kid some respect, It's another to intentionally harm him.

I guess what I am saying is...EC holds precident and respect amongst us pros. I have no doubt that if he went to Mitch after the race and said...Dude, that move you tried was stupid. I disrupted the entire race and you had no business trying to pull it. Don't do it again....Mitch would have taken note. But for him to get all "8th grade" on him and intentionally t-bone him directly into the fence is another.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
haha,

i know i need to curb my temper...i guess i'm getting grouchy in my old days?

i must be turning into Jimmy Kight, haha
EC and grouchy is like saying; the fundementals of the economy are sound! ;)

All you have to do to be like Kight are hate everything and eat slower and you are golden.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
To me it seems like a more effective way would be to just go faster and beat him, rather than stoop to the level of an immature 17 year old. Time wasting retaliation is something that's expected out of people that age, not of the more senior racers.

Although it looks like neither of them won, so they might have both been way far behind first. Good on EC for drilling some sense into a young reckless guy, but just sounds immature to take effort out of your PRO RACE RUN just to take someone out.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
yeah, maybe your correct....but, i'm not sure if Mitch would have understood what he did to me then?

and my pro race run was already done.

To me it seems like a more effective way would be to just go faster and beat him, rather than stoop to the level of an immature 17 year old. Time wasting retaliation is something that's expected out of people that age, not of the more senior racers.

Although it looks like neither of them won, so they might have both been way far behind first. Good on EC for drilling some sense into a young reckless guy, but just sounds immature to take effort out of your PRO RACE RUN just to take someone out.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
a couple of years ago maybe,

i'm 39 now, don't race World Cups, and have a BMX start from 92, haha.... and i think i may have lost a step somehwere in the process. haha

EC should be 50 feet in front of the field at a Fontana.....

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Why is Braaap defending Mitch? Shouldn't Mitch defend Mitch? Does Braaap ride a 2-stroke or has he switched to the 4-stroke (should change his name if he has)? Also didn't peg EC as a "Third Person" type of guy...oh well. Looks like EC's 8th grade tactics made it into this 7th grade thread. Thanks Braaap - and ride on dude!

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
My two cents: Mountaincross is an aggressive race, rubbing is racing and as long as it is not an intentional T-bone its all just racing. I looked up to EC as a junior and have raced against him as a Pro and all I can say is he is an ambassador of the sport and a great role model to younger racers!

Sounds like we got a pretty good rundown on the MX! What happened in the Downhill the next day and what did the top ten look like? Or if anyone knows a link to full results please share. Thanks!

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Then how do you explain you winning the DH race the next day by over 4 seconds? :monkeydance:
its not an all out sprint from the start so, slow twitch muscle? haha

my ExCavators were really hooking up? haha

i don't know...i'm having fun and feel more relaxed on my DH bike these days would be my honest answer.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
its not an all out sprint from the start so, slow twitch muscle? haha

my ExCavators were really hooking up? haha

i don't know...i'm having fun and feel more relaxed on my DH bike these days would be my honest answer.
EC dont lie you know you own the wall. everyone knows you own the wall with your 42t :)

Status
Not open for further replies.