Quantcast

What's up with Nirve?

BREAKINCRAP

Chimp
Jun 16, 2004
I just got a Nirve Hex and I think it's a pretty badass bike. I've been jumping some decent sized jumps and it feels burly, even though it feels like picking up my DH bike but that's what I wanted. What I'm wondering is why everyone seems to put down Nirve bikes. Are there products bad quality or is the customer service bad or what? There really isn't much info. that I can find on the company other than their website and that doesn't tell you crap.

urbanhuckbot

Monkey
May 28, 2004
probably because most people are bike snobs, and the bike is probably not made in america.
is it full 100% cromo?

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
After GT went bankrupt, Nirve was created by the former GT employees. I think their biggest market is their beach cruisers but they also produce BMX and kids bikes. They nice bikes but I guess people don't have as must respect for them because they are not a small company like S&M who specializes in BMX only.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
probably just because they arent a traditional company... for the longest time you could only get their bikes by ordering directly from them....

i dont know how long they will be selling bmx bikes either... Kyle winning everything, and Stephen Murray winning everything cost them a lot fo money....especially when they werent selling many bikes at all... very very few....

liked kyles bike... low bb... nice features... but they were priced kinda high i thought...

ride what oyu like and forget about what people say...