Quantcast

What's up ya'll? The urban style comp is returning to the mountain sports fest. 2012

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Hey everyone! Just wanted to start getting the word out there that the bike comp is returning to the Mountain Sports Festival in Asheville this year! A few of us local business owners decided the time is upon us to bring it back from the dead! So, we are starting logistics and planning for the Urban Resurrection Comp! Stay tuned as we start wrangling sponsors and getting everything rolling! The course is going to be awesome, well built and include some wood and some dirt!!!!!!

On another note, I hope everyone is doing well around the Monkey!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Hey everyone! thanks for your interest and I am glad to see people are excited. First off, the festival is not held downtown anymore. It is held at an enormous park/sports complex on the river called Carrier Park. We had tossed the idea of a dual slalom style/race event around but I am not sure the area we have to hold the comp is going to be large enough. As it is planned we only have one day for the event but I might be able to make it two days if enough people are interested. We were thinking more of a trick style competition with a roll in into a six pack into the main area where there will be boxes and quarter pipes and spines and maybe a handrail. We would like for the comp to open to 20" riders also. The idea of the head to head race style format has not been ruled out if that is where the most interest is which it seems that way right now. Please feel free to give me input as to what you would like to see. Did I mention Smith Optics is now on board as one of the main sponsors?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Awesome brainstorming w/ Wiggins last night. I'm pumped. And not just because of the sample either.;)

We were discussing logistics/possibilities/BS, etc. and the notion of a "Super D" at Alexander Park to help get riders of all segments into town. Don't know how cohesive the Asheville rider scene is these days, but that place used to be so fun.

Last time I went out w/ Wiggins years back, the course had been eaten by some mutant 6 foot high weed.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Is he just too cool to post here now? Or is he still just gun shy from the last job where he got fired for surfing the monkey?
He's a partner/owner of a bar. Pretty sure he's got job security. He quite literally parks his dirt bike inside the back area, has a ping pong table and by summer, the capacity to brew his own ale.

While I will stop short of saying he's living the dream, I'm sure he has a fan club now.

Oh, and if this doesn't piss you off, he lives next door. :D

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
He's a partner/owner of a bar. Pretty sure he's got job security. He quite literally parks his dirt bike inside the back area, has a ping pong table and by summer, the capacity to brew his own ale.

While I will stop short of saying he's living the dream, I'm sure he has a fan club now.

Oh, and if this doesn't piss you off, he lives next door. :D
Why would someone else's good fortune piss me off? If it pisses you off, you should re-examine your own existence.