Quantcast

Whats up

djacobs

Chimp
Jun 19, 2010
PHX, AZ
Hi, I'm new here and new to DH. I've posted a couple times in the classifieds. I've done random trail riding around the valley(phoenix area) and up in Sedona, but I just purchased my first DH/Freeride bike a couple of weeks ago. I already almost broke my ankle at the NRA pit, so I'm sidelined for now. I'll be back soon(have to take it easy so I can be released for work).

Anyway, I bought a 2005 Specialized Big Hit. It was basically brand new. Hardly a scratch, scuff, or anything. No dents. I got it for $440, so I thought I did well. The only thing I don't really like is the 24" rear tire. I've read a lot that people actually like it, so I guess it's not so bad? I don't like having limited choices on wheelsets, and just the oddness of it altogether.

Also, I have a quick question. I bought a 2009 Shimano Saint RD-M810-SS. What compatibility issues, if any, will I have getting this onto my big hit? It says the maximum capacity is 31T, and they started going with mounts this year. So, does that mean I do not need to get a saint rear hub. My bike is completely stock from 2005.
You can PM me if ya want. Thanks.

Last edited: