Quantcast

whats wrong with me? what should i do

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
ok so i ride right foot forward. (i CAN ride left but its more awkward)

i spin left which is normal and i whip right which is normal.
i also no foot can can to the left which i beleve is normal.

now here is the problem

i kickflip with left foot foward
i turndown with left foot foward (cant do it yet but thats how i have to)

here is the problem, right now i am doing backpedals in the middle of sets to throw tricks.

do i convert to lefty or what? the pros all spin and tailwhip the same way, why do i have this problem

*i skateboard regular
*to tailwhip i have to spin to the right but i want to spin to the left

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
stop thinking and ride.

There is no right or wrong way. I have a buddy that t-whips with his pedals "wrong". it's in your arms as well as your legs.

Nyquist rides with his pedals "wrong". don't worry, just ride.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
ya throwing half a back pedal over a setup jump is fine to get ready for a certain trick on the next jump. I no foot can the wrong way if you look at what side you kick to and what foot is forward but it works out fine for me

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I'm sure there are some physics behind your moves, but the biggest component is how you train your brain to move your body. Unless you're breaking the laws of phyics, you can probably do most tricks, just some not theoretically in the most efficient manner.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
i turndown with left foot foward (cant do it yet but thats how i have to)
Why? If you ride right foot forward, you should be learning turndowns where you turn your bars to the left. I've also heard of people doing them to the same direction of their forward foot, but they take a half pedal backwards in the air (that just seems awkward to me).

You can learn to set your feet up different for different tricks, a lot of pros do that. I was checking out how Aitken does that quite a bit the other day. Or, you could learn the tricks whatever way feels more comfortable with your right foot forward (since that is your comfortable way of jumping). You can spin, whip, or tailwhip either way with either foot forward.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I ride totally screwed up but it works I guess. Left foot forward, spin to the left. Everybody I ride with says it's backwards but I don't care anymore. I'm just now learning how to jam with my left foot for footjam tailwhips...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
no footed cans have no "correct" side..... just swing your feet and put them back on the pedals before you land.

I wouldnt worry about it, I ride left foot forward and do my 3s left instead of the proper side which is right. When I do 180s I spin the opposite way. I learned 3s and 7s on skis to the left so thats how i do them on the bike, even though i feel more comfortable spinning right on my bike

if you can do your arsenal of tricks both ways, you are doing something right, learn em one way and then learn them the other way and you wont have to worry about it

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Why? If you ride right foot forward, you should be learning turndowns where you turn your bars to the left. I've also heard of people doing them to the same direction of their forward foot, but they take a half pedal backwards in the air (that just seems awkward to me).

You can learn to set your feet up different for different tricks, a lot of pros do that. I was checking out how Aitken does that quite a bit the other day. Or, you could learn the tricks whatever way feels more comfortable with your right foot forward (since that is your comfortable way of jumping). You can spin, whip, or tailwhip either way with either foot forward.
i do that because if i whip right and put the right foot foward i cant get the "click" because my leg is in the way. but if its left foward it can click.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
i do that because if i whip right and put the right foot foward i cant get the "click" because my leg is in the way. but if its left foward it can click.
Yeah, but I'm saying you should whip (kick out) to the left and turn your bars to the left. Part of the reason turndowns are so hard to learn for most people is because you have to learn to whip your opposite way. It just seems like since you're in the process of learning them, you should learn them this way.

If you ride right foot forward, your turndowns should like this...