Quantcast

What's wrong with my leg?

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Alright for almost a week now, maybe it's been longer but I can't remember, my right leg has been pulsing sporatically. If I'm just sitting still watching the cubs game (pretty much a given :rolleyes: ) or watching the stanley cup finals, or whatever I might be doing (it's actually happening right now as I type this) the right side of my right leg is twitching. I could see the muscle moving. Almost like I'm trying to send myself morse code. It's not heart beat either, it's very erratic. Anyways, any doctorb's on this site? Anyone else ever experience something like this? It's really bizarre and annoying.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You can get muscle twitches from a lack of salts (magnesium, pottasium, sodium) in your blood. Are you eating enough veggies?

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Your leg is gay and wants to get married.

Alternatively, improve your diet, get more sleep, stop watching TV and do some exercise. Works for me.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Changleen said:
You can get muscle twitches from a lack of salts (magnesium, pottasium, sodium) in your blood. Are you eating enough veggies?

I'm about 50% vegetarian, so I definately get enough veggies everyday.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
fuzzynutz said:
I'm about 50% vegetarian, so I definately get enough veggies everyday.
make sure to take a multivitamin each day, and to get enough calcium and vitamin D in particular. also, any history of epilepsy (seizures) in your family?

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
fluff said:
Your leg is gay and wants to get married.

Alternatively, improve your diet, get more sleep, stop watching TV and do some exercise. Works for me.
If my leg is gay, it has to go. Looks like I'll have to invest in some robotics.

I get plenty of sleep every night (at least 7 hrs.) I work out every other day, excluding weekends, which is when I ride my bike. I don't really watch much T.V., exception being The Simpsons, and Entourage on sundays.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Actually it sounds like you have restless leg syndrome, it is very serious and you should probably go see at least three expensive doctors and make sure they put on some dependency-inducing designer medication. It's probably your only hope.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00191.html

Do you experience unpleasant or creepy, crawly sensations in your legs, tied to a strong urge to move?
Does movement help relieve the sensations?
Are you more bothered by these sensations when sitting or at night?
Do you often have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep?
Have you been told that you jerk your legs, or your arms, when asleep?
Is anyone else in your family bothered by restless legs?

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Toshi said:
make sure to take a multivitamin each day, and to get enough calcium and vitamin D in particular. also, any history of epilepsy (seizures) in your family?
As far as I know there's no history there. I've been thinking about taking a multi-vitamin for a while now. Any good one to recommend? I've heard some of them are total B.S.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
fuzzynutz said:
As far as I know there's no history there. I've been thinking about taking a multi-vitamin for a while now. Any good one to recommend? I've heard some of them are total B.S.
go to your supermarket and buy their generic/house brand multivitamin. don't go for any supplements -- those are largely a waste of money imo as most of them will just pass right out of you in your urine and stool.

other questions: have you been feeling lethargic lately? any change in sensation on the skin of your legs or feet? any change in the warmth or color of the skin on your leg as compared to the other one? have you been eating lead paint chips again?

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
SkaredShtles said:
Amputation is the only answer...........
D'oh! Don't you realise how dangerous it is to give out advice like that? For all you know Fuzzynuts could be very impressionable and equipped with a running chainsaw - before you know it his leg's off and well....

I mean, it'll stop his leg twitching (after a while anyway) but I'll bet he'll still 'feel' it twitching.

Tsk, some people.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
OGRipper said:
Actually it sounds like you have restless leg syndrome...
OMG!! That's what it is :rolleyes:

I've already scheduled 3 appointments with the most expensive doctors in town, and I just placed an order for a crate of sleeping pills.

edit: now that I think about it, my dogs legs twitch all the time when he sleeps. He must have it too.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
fluff said:
D'oh! Don't you realise how dangerous it is to give out advice like that? For all you know Fuzzynuts could be very impressionable and equipped with a running chainsaw - before you know it his leg's off and well....
I hope to Hell when he does he sets up a video camera on a tripod. I'd like to see the procedure.

Oh - and fuzz - make sure to get *really* drunk before you take it off.

I'd recommend a rusty old carpenter's handsaw instead of the chainsaw. You'll get to enjoy it longer. :thumb:

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Toshi said:
go to your supermarket and buy their generic/house brand multivitamin. don't go for any supplements -- those are largely a waste of money imo as most of them will just pass right out of you in your urine and stool.

other questions: have you been feeling lethargic lately? any change in sensation on the skin of your legs or feet? any change in the warmth or color of the skin on your leg as compared to the other one? have you been eating lead paint chips again?

I knew the lead paint was a bad idea. Oh well, live and learn. Seriously though, everything is normal. I'm not lethargic, and my colors all check out. I need to go to the supermarket after work today so I'll invest in some multi-vitamin while I'm there.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
SkaredShtles said:
I hope to Hell when he does he sets up a video camera on a tripod. I'd like to see the procedure.

Oh - and fuzz - make sure to get *really* drunk before you take it off.

I'd recommend a rusty old carpenter's handsaw instead of the chainsaw. You'll get to enjoy it longer. :thumb:
I was just gonna use this old rusty hatchet I have sitting here. I figure if I just start hacking at it, eventually the twitching will stop.

Edit: Fluff, don't worry, I'm not a brain moron. You won't be reading about my untimely demise in the national papers just yet.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
fuzzynutz said:
I was just gonna use this old rusty hatchet I have sitting here. I figure if I just start hacking at it, eventually the twitching will stop.
Sense of humor appears to be present here.........

Edit: Fluff, don't worry, I'm not a brain moron. You won't be reading about my untimely demise in the national papers just yet.
And then it's gone. :think:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
fuzzynutz said:
It's still here, it's always here.

I was just making sure his was around too. B/c in his post it didn't seem like it was.
Hey, I'm English - we go for subtle humour and I'm allergic to smileys.:rofl: Ouch, see?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Is your cell phone in your pocket?

you probably have it on vibrate... that does it to me every time! I reach for the phone to call the doctor for the twitch and low and behold my damn phone is ringing on vibrate in my pocket!:rolleyes:

:thumb:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
fuzzynutz said:
Alright for almost a week now, maybe it's been longer but I can't remember, my right leg has been pulsing sporatically. If I'm just sitting still watching the cubs game (pretty much a given :rolleyes: ) or watching the stanley cup finals, or whatever I might be doing (it's actually happening right now as I type this) the right side of my right leg is twitching. I could see the muscle moving. Almost like I'm trying to send myself morse code. It's not heart beat either, it's very erratic. Anyways, any doctorb's on this site? Anyone else ever experience something like this? It's really bizarre and annoying.
HTML:
What's wrong with my leg?
I think it's attached to a hypochondriac. Might want to get that checked out.