Quantcast

What's wrong with the bike in this ebay Ad

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I'm starting to lose my patience with Ebay. For the past month I'd been trying to find a decently priced entry-level road bike and every time I found one, someone bid sniped it from me during the last 20 seconds.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
bluebug32 said:
I'm starting to lose my patience with Ebay. For the past month I'd been trying to find a decently priced entry-level road bike and every time I found one, someone bid sniped it from me during the last 20 seconds.
Try looking for an inexpensive digital camera... for some odd reason the ones I was looking at (3 megapixel point and shoot) all jump up to the same price range at about the same time ($70 when less than 2 days left... $100 when 1 day left - regardless of what the price is or how many previous bids.). But I'm sure it's all legit :rolleyes:

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
bluebug32 said:
You need to bid snipe them in the last 10sec. or 5sec......that'll show 'em! :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
droplover said:
You need to bid snipe them in the last 10sec. or 5sec......that'll show 'em! :D
That's how I do it. You either need to watch and snipe or go big on the bid.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Isnt there a website/program that snipes for you(not sure if it has been banned by ebay). I know someone a couple of years ago that used them all the time. It was pretty slick, he got a couple of old Jaguars for real cheap

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
robdamanii said:
Why pay money to do something that I can do for free?

Well, obviosly your girl can't do it, otherwise she wouldn't be complaining.
auctionsniper.com If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
It's super cheap (less than 25 cents), lets you change your mind, and gets you lots of stuff for less than suckers pay.

Oh, and it's not illegal. eBay has no idea that it's auctionsniper placing the bid and not you.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
buildyourown said:
Well, obviosly your girl can't do it, otherwise she wouldn't be complaining.
It's super cheap (less than 25 cents), lets you change your mind, and gets you lots of stuff for less than suckers pay.

Oh, and it's not illegal. eBay has no idea that it's auctionsniper placing the bid and not you.
If they snipe me over my maximum bid, how am I sniped?

I bid my highest bid in the last 30 seconds. If someone goes over...oh well.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Outside magazine had a buyers guide section about a year ago and in it they had a Blur and 2 other bikes, all with backwards-mounted Manitous. I was appalled.

How much of an idiot do you have to be? Disc is on the other side, you have negative rake (I think it's called rake), the crown is pointing backwards, stickers are going backwards, often there's a "Reverse Arch" sticker somewhere on the fork...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
buildyourown said:

that's what I use...and you only pay them if you win...D

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
i asked the guy if he would fix the fork if I bought it. said he didnt know anything about it but would knock a few bucks off.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I asked something as well. I asked if he was aware the fork was on backwards and here is the reply, copied from my ebay....

"I am fully aware of the fact that the forks are on backwards. im going to try to get those fix'd soon and then post up some pictures. If anything i will change the price of the auction if i cannnot have a tech fix it. thank you. "

Dumb as a goddamned rock....