Quantcast

Whats your favorite fork

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
For DH action... Shiver DC. I don't ride enough DH to fully enjoy it so it's been sold. Getting a Sherman Breakout Plus this week. Should be pretty sweet.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Tuning forks are the best. I prefer the note of A myself. Nice for dialing in my tympany drums that I've incorporated into my drumset ala John "Bonzo" Bonham style.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Zoso
Tuning forks are the best. I prefer the note of A myself. Nice for dialing in my tympany drums that I've incorporated into my drumset ala John "Bonzo" Bonham style.
seriously. i prefer A natural (and D major) :D above all.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by HippieKai
this is my new DH rig and it's fork:monkey:
uh, wow, that's really weird...

Where'd you get that pic from? That's just crazy, I have a unicycle friend who'd rip it up on that thing.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by muddface
haha kinda reminds me of the spoon in the matrix....
If you go to the website it's pretty weird- it's all about spoon bending and such.
But get this- YOU JUST BEND IT WITH YOUR HANDS, and they tell you it's all magical. Sounds like a load of BS to me....

Oh, on a serious note-
I'm running a '03 Jr T , and it's doing its job quite well.

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
my Stratos S8 has taken everything I've doled out on it... and comes back for more, so, it's my favorite :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say my Stratos LR-1 was a damn nice fork. Wicked smooth and not overly heavy. The only thing that sucked was if you went through a real rough section for a long time, the lockout switch would slide over and you would start to loose travel.

I am also looking forward to the 2003 Monster T once the Ex-Heavy springs are installed on my soon to be next ride. I love the '00-02 Monster T the best though.

There is no greater tool than the spork. The best of both worlds.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
my foxx vanilla 125-r is a badass fork. i like it alot more than the dj 3 i ran before i bought the vanilla.

as for bmx, i ran the pitchfork. soild fork that is.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
Im going to be a chef so im ok with the sick forks like the sliver ware type but i like monutain bike bmx works( i quess ) but thoughs forks are ill
ill illl consel
dont know what it means my friend made it up try to see thourgh it

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i thought DJ's have 130mm what's up with 150?!!
marz makes 3 150mm sc forks
z150fr
z150sl
dj2 150 basically jr.t internals but its only available OEM on bighits and norco's i think though not sure on the norco

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i thought it was just the z150's

shows how much i know
marzocchi's fork lineup is all-encompassing now :eek: . on the demo stinky i rode two weekends (three?) ago there was a z1 dropoff triple crown up front. in other words, a double triple clamp z5. thumbs down, although i guess it's better than specing the bike with a single crown and having riders snap the stanchions...

oh, about my favorite fork, my z1 fr has served me well, in both 130mm full on and 80mm weenie guises... :D