Quantcast

What's your favorite P2P program..?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
N8 said:
Is it because of the typical download speeds? Or ease of use? Something else?
Very easy to use, simple layout with no external programs to deal with. Typically a very large quantity of files and users available (which means better download speeds since it will download from multiple users at one time).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
None man they all kinda suck, but if i had to pick one it would be WINMX, i use MIRC for all my file sharing, so much better...no more getting single songs, now its full albums zipped in a packet, along with movies...programs...i guess you could call me a

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
binary visions said:
Typically a very large quantity of files and users available (which means better download speeds since it will download from multiple users at one time).
Don't they all pretty much connect to the same networks?

Shareaza's default is to connect to Gnutella 2, but it can also connect to Gnu1, eDonkey, and I think another. I like Shareaza for it's ease of use, review function, lack of spyware.

www.shareaza.com

and for finding files, I really like http://suprnova.org/

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Tom Church said:
Soulseek hands down the best...Especially if you want EDM...nothing compares...

Tom
what's EDM? emo dance music?

:dancing:

offshoot of IDM?

i noticed yr ninja tune avatar, so i must be on the right track w/ the DM part of it.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
News groups in combination a program that searches whatever groups I want to use and grabs all of the files needed...(grabit)...nothing else is better for getting the stuff raw :)

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
i like and use the e-mule/overnet stuff. lots gnu license software out there too. only other one i've used tho is winmx and that doesn't seem to like my computer anymore and hangs all the time on me :(

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
what's EDM? emo dance music?
Electronic Dance Music...just a term that covers all spectrums of it...House, Techno, Trance, DnB, Chillout, Experimental, etc...

I have tried Emule and Edonkey but I can never get them to work right...

I'm tellin ya it's all about soulseek.

If your into Electronic music check out my list. My username is "Groovefood" (and remember caps count!!)

tom

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I've heard Ares Galaxy is good... has a dynamic IP or something of that nature... no spyware can get to you at all...