Quantcast

What's your favorite pie?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ok - no childish pie comments please. I'm wondering what everyones favorite pie is...do you have a favorite recipe?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not really a pie but Boston Cream pie was my favorite as a kid. Now I'd have to stick with the classic apple, with lots of cinnamon!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
my mom's homemade apple pie is awesome. nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon... :drool:

i like pumpkin, blueberry and pecan too, hell even mincemeat. key lime is good too. lemon meringue might be the only pie i don't like, mainly because of the meringue

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Shredded Granny Smith apples soaked in lemon juice. Add tons of cinnamon and sugar and bake in a pastry crust w/ a streusel crumb topping that includes finely chopped pecans.

Serve warm with fresh coffee.

Die happy.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Heidi said:
What is lemon ice box?

similar to lemon meringue without the meringue. its also "no bake" (more often than not, there a million different recipes) mix everything together and it sets up in the "icebox".

made with a graham cracker crust, lemon juice, and eagle brand condensed milk.

mmmmm, so goood. my grandmother makes a killer lemon icebox pie.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I'm partial to Key Lime, and Coconut Cream pies. Apple with Vanilla ice cream on top is damn good as well.

I've seen a few people Melt a thin slice of cheese over their Apple pie. Anyone ever try this?

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
My favorite pie is one that's in front of me...
Lemon, lime, blueberry, strawberry, peach, apple, coconut, rhubarb, rhaspberry, blackberry, etc, etc, etc

If it's in a piepan, I'll eat it.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
I like Pumpkin with whipped cream.

If I go the a la mode route, I prefer the pie room temp not heated, I like some berry deal with lots of vanilla bean ice cream off to the side. Eat the pie, then ice cream. Feel like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.:nuts:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
scurban said:
I'm partial to Key Lime, and Coconut Cream pies. Apple with Vanilla ice cream on top is damn good as well.

I've seen a few people Melt a thin slice of cheese over their Apple pie. Anyone ever try this?
Yupper....a slice of good aged chedder. :drool: