Quantcast

What's your next bike?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Thought this might make for an interesting thread...

What's the next bike you plan on buying? Keep it realistic though... something you actually see yourself buying, even if you can't afford it now.

For me, it's a HT XC bike. Leaning towards a Kona Kula Primo built up very XCish. Manitou Skareb (100mm), FSA Carbon cranks (this may be wishful thinking... RaceFace Evolve XCs might be more realistic), 717 rims, hopes or avid mechs, etc. I'd probably also buy a pair of skinny road tires so I could do some good road riding as well.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
2001 Bitch (frame) -- never used
She's gonna be my urban bitch! In the process of being built........about 90% done. Just waiting on cranks and headset to arrive in the mail :drool:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Already on order :devil:
NICE!!! I am/was very excited to hear Victor was going to carry them. I started looking at one of these... but I think a HT frame is a better purchase for me at the moment.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
Already on order :devil:
Sweet, man! When is that bad boy coming in?

No idea what my next bike will be. I am very happy with the two that I have, so I am not really giving much thought to what I'll buy next. Probably a lighter XC bike, and I'll beef up the Quasi Moto.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
I am very happy with the two that I have
That's cool - you've got the titus and what else?

My goal is to keep the 575, get an XC hard tail and a road bike, then be done with the major purchases. Of course, I say that now... :devil:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
That's cool - you've got the titus and what else?

My goal is to keep the 575, get an XC hard tail and a road bike, then be done with the major purchases. Of course, I say that now... :devil:
Actually I have three bikes if you count the road bike (a 2003 Trek 2000). My other MTB is a 2001 Rocky Mountain Spice. Nothing fancy, but it's only 26 pounds so I'll use it for my limited racing.

J

JRB

I might get a Soma Smoothie frame with my vacation money since the tensioner is working on the dean. That, or a zion EBB 853. They look cheap for a decent beater. No tensioner, but still has a hanger.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Surly Karate Monkey (29'er) will be my next bike. i've been wanting to try out a 29'er for awhile and i want an XC bike again. right now my trail bike is a 35lb azonic saber, so i'm looking for something faster on the climbs.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i want to build up a hard tail as soon as i get some extra cash coming in. i am unsure of which one i will be getting but right now i'm looking for a SC chameleon.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
laura said:
i want to build up a hard tail as soon as i get some extra cash coming in. i am unsure of which one i will be getting but right now i'm looking for a SC chameleon.
There's a white medium Chameleon frame in the Buy/Sell Forum. I thought about it for a minute as I'd also consider a chameleon, but I don't want another white frame.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
I have a buyer for my old road bike... so the count remains at 5.
DAMNIT!!... that was my second though when I saw you had a new one on order.

A road bike (soon to be the Bianchi)
the blur
the explosif
the asx
??? something DHish?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i would like to build up a new urban bike. Now i am down to one bike. I am thinking another soul titan.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
probably a used road bike. i've got everything else covered (trials bike, DH bike, FS trail bike, xc HT (i can use my wife's), and street bike) except for a FR bike, and i'm in no hurry to get one.

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I am considering two complete bikes right now. An brand new 04 stinky delux for 2k or a brand new 04 norco fuse for about 1600. But then again i have not bought a complete bike in over 5 years. I like to do my own builds.

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
i have every other possible niche bike one could imagine, so this is the next toy. Just substitute a rigid fork and v-brakes. hoping it is very light, that should not be a problem. also going to try tubeless for the first time, praying that gets me away from goat head thorn flats every couple of days on my 1 mile commute to work.

Attachments

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
lukeduke said:
i have every other possible niche bike one could imagine, so this is the next toy. Just substitute a rigid fork and v-brakes. hoping it is very light, that should not be a problem. also going to try tubeless for the first time, praying that gets me away from goat head thorn flats every couple of days on my 1 mile commute to work.
Tubeless won't save you from goathead flats. They'll just make it more of a pain in the arse to get it fixed........

-S.S.-

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
if i run a scoop or so of stan's sealant in them, should solve the problem, no? i should have specified that.....

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Prossibly a VPP-Free to replace my aging Lawwill 6... no idea when it'll happen... a Foes Fly is a possiblity as well...

I also find myself missing my cross-bike from time to time... :think:

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I'm seriously considering a Titus Motolite to replace my Loco Moto but the fact I can't get one with anodized finish really bugs me. If I knew I could get the time away to make a few road trips this year I'd also get a Supermoto or IH 7.?. In all reality I'll probably get my Loco's shock Pushed and pick up something for a commuter bike come spring.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Intense Uzzi VPX for me. I'm seriously thinking about it right now. I may be ready to buy it in 9-12 months if I don't find another bike I like more than the Uzzi.

If my XC bike (circa 2000) dies until then, I may replace it with a RM Blizzard frame in order to save some $$$ for the Uzzi.

These are my plans several month in advance and it may very well change. :)