Quantcast

(*&^%^&*whattheheckitstuesdayandnobodyhaspostedtheGMTyet (*&^*&%*^$%&^*()(*&^

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Unhappy. Pupper this morning does not want to get up, does not want to eat. We're going to the vet soon.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Exciting day. If the brown truck does what the 1Z number says. I will be updating the 1” fork on my trainer bike. Have had the the 1”threaded fork and slammed quill stem on it since 96 or 97.
Pretty jazzed to have my bars a little higher.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Built the frame for one of the walls of the Bong Shed over the weekend. I'm "renovating" an old existing shed, replacing things as needed, and one thing needed was the front wall as I'm putting in a new door, a huge window, and making it taller. Yesterday I had a buddy come over and we moved the frame (which I built in my garage) in place and stood it up... and it's 1/2" off in width. It's fixable, and the funny (to me) thing is that I know why it's 1/2" off. I'm tying in to the old frame, and one side wall frame overlaps the front wall frame so I accounted for that by minusing 3-1/2" from the width of the front frame i.e. overall width of the thing minus the width of the wide wall frame. Well, that frame is so freaking old, the 2x4s are actually 2" x 4" and yes I should have actually measured the lumber instead of assuming dimensional but whatever. Like I said, it's fixable (fairly easily actually) and kinda funny to me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh. We have a global IT project going on here and our group is being managed by an engineer.

Phase one of the project has come and gone before the project manager here gathered us all for the kick off meeting. So now we have days and not weeks to finish the first phase. Great start there bud. :rolleyes:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My son has been dealing with a fairly extreme flare of eczema recently. Not sure if any of you are dermatologists, but it seems like eczema is part real and part voodoo, and the treatments range from MOAR lotion to sacrificing lambs. I am at a loss as every time we see improvement, we see it flare back up. It's like one step forward 3/4 step back. Anybody been through this? I called the doctor but the nurse there told me to try a bleach bath, which didn't help. Will be calling again this morning and hoping I can get him in soon for an appointment, but he's not old enough to help take care of it himself and the treatments I do don't seem to be making a significant impact....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
bitchy old men whining about politics monkey.com
I'm not bitching about politics. this is where I live. these clowns have been poisoning my life for almost two weeks now, with no signs of them going away. my son has some pretty deep seated anxiety. he asked us the other day if he would be assaulted for wearing his mask at school. my wife is a visible minority, whom they have been openly harassing and even assaulting. Even I'm not comfortable going out at the moment. we haven't been able to get out to any of our sports and activities since they got here because I can't get back home because of bridge closures and traffic. and for what?

They say they want an end to all public health measures. Problem is, the federal government can't change mask and vaccine mandates (beyond federally-controlled employees - pretty much the army and civil servants, and people who cross international borders): that's the provinces jurisdiction. they're barking up the wrong tree. but in reality, these are the same people that were part of the yellow-vest movement. it's just a rehashing of the same old shit. if they want change, it has to happen at the ballot box, not in the street. at least in a democratic society.

Someone posted a meme of a trucker ranting that he's mad because the world isn't as simple as they need it to be. it's floating around on the monkey somewhere. and that pretty much sums it up. but myself and my neighbours are the ones paying the price for their simpleness.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I'm not bitching about politics. this is where I live. these clowns have been poisoning my life for almost two weeks now, with no signs of them going away. my son has some pretty deep seated anxiety. he asked us the other day if he would be assaulted for wearing his mask at school. my wife is a visible minority, whom they have been openly harassing and even assaulting. Even I'm not comfortable going out at the moment. we haven't been able to get out to any of our sports and activities since they got here because I can't get back home because of bridge closures and traffic. and for what?

They say they want an end to all public health measures. Problem is, the federal government can't change mask and vaccine mandates (beyond federally-controlled employees - pretty much the army and civil servants, and people who cross international borders): that's the provinces jurisdiction. they're barking up the wrong tree. but in reality, these are the same people that were part of the yellow-vest movement. it's just a rehashing of the same old shit. if they want change, it has to happen at the ballot box, not in the street. at least in a democratic society.

Someone posted a meme of a trucker ranting that he's mad because the world isn't as simple as they need it to be. it's floating around on the monkey somewhere. and that pretty much sums it up. but myself and my neighbours are the ones paying the price for their simpleness.
Didnt read it, you have me confused with someone who gives a shit, I dont do politics/religion/or any other drama you guys finger fuck each other with in the 20 other political threads on these bike forums. I come here for the jest and light hearted bike content.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My son has been dealing with a fairly extreme flare of eczema recently. Not sure if any of you are dermatologists, but it seems like eczema is part real and part voodoo, and the treatments range from MOAR lotion to sacrificing lambs. I am at a loss as every time we see improvement, we see it flare back up. It's like one step forward 3/4 step back. Anybody been through this? I called the doctor but the nurse there told me to try a bleach bath, which didn't help. Will be calling again this morning and hoping I can get him in soon for an appointment, but he's not old enough to help take care of it himself and the treatments I do don't seem to be making a significant impact....
Vitamin D can help regulate over active immune systems and can be in short supply during dark winter months. Probably worth a shot, it helps my psoriasis.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Diet can definitely contribute to skin issues. No good studies behind this, just anecdotes, but you might try restricting sugar and vegetable oil (so all processed foods) for a week, and having him eat beef or fish. (Farm raised chicken and pork have high ratios of omega-6s so wouldn't be ideal.)

Edit: also vitamin D a la Westy, and maybe add in a fish oil capsule per day.

/me is working today. Someone's out sick but we're trying to scrape by with covering only 1/2 of the missing slot, which will work but only by having it fall harder on the shoulders of those here. Like me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that was me.

1644331667932.png

bonus memes:

1644331682502.png

1644331701350.png

1644331744317.png

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Diet can definitely contribute to skin issues. No good studies behind this, just anecdotes, but you might try restricting sugar and vegetable oil (so all processed foods) for a week, and having him eat beef or fish. (Farm raised chicken and pork have high ratios of omega-6s so wouldn't be ideal.)

Edit: also vitamin D a la Westy, and maybe add in a fish oil capsule per day.

/me is working today. Someone's out sick but we're trying to scrape by with covering only 1/2 of the missing slot, which will work but only by having it fall harder on the shoulders of those here. Like me.
Hmmm. My kid will eat none of those things. Perhaps this is the problem. Diet is pretty much all sugar and processed foods. Little shit won't take a bite of real stuff.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Diet is pretty much all sugar and processed foods.
not to be a dick, but that would be a problem even without the skin issues. my wife's sisters kids are the same way. but its so bad her oldest kid (5 or 6) has already had several baby teeth pulled because she had so many cavities.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Hmmm. My kid will eat none of those things. Perhaps this is the problem. Diet is pretty much all sugar and processed foods. Little shit won't take a bite of real stuff.
both of our kids had it to varying degrees when they were younger. taking one of them off dairy for a while seemed to help; we also use dye/perfume free laundry detergent. we did try slathering on aquaphor, etc. not sure how much that actually helped, but worth a shot maybe? and yeah try a lot of simple, real foods - you'll find something they like . . .

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Left thirty minutes early yesterday and everything was fucked up when I got here today.

I know why I am paid not to leave.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

This whole thing is silly, on so many levels. It sucks.

I could ask questions, but there are no answers.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Didnt read it, you have me confused with someone who gives a shit, I dont do politics/religion/or any other drama you guys finger fuck each other with in the 20 other political threads on these bike forums. I come here for the jest and light hearted bike content.
well fuck you too I guess?! I wasn't talking politics, just that my life is shit and being ruined by a bunch of assholes. Go back to playing with all your toys and keeping all your shit from floating away in the river.

that light-hearted enough for ya?!

:D

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Sandwich my daughter started to get a nasty case of eczema and we used Mustella brand cream. It's some fancy French shit that costs $27/tube (can buy on Amazon), but that worked wonders.

not to be a dick, but that would be a problem even without the skin issues. my wife's sisters kids are the same way. but its so bad her oldest kid (5 or 6) has already had several baby teeth pulled because she had so many cavities.
A friend from high school was that way. He'd pretty much only eat pizza, chicken nuggets, and French fries. Never touched vegetables, seldom fruits. He's still alive and not morbidly obese yet, which is a small miracle.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@Sandwich my daughter started to get a nasty case of eczema and we used Mustella brand cream. It's some fancy French shit that costs $27/tube (can buy on Amazon), but that worked wonders.

A friend from high school was that way. He'd pretty much only eat pizza, chicken nuggets, and French fries. Never touched vegetables, seldom fruits. He's still alive and not morbidly obese yet, which is a small miracle.
Seems the health nuts die early and the pickled smoker/drinker types live till 99+, just ignorant observation, not math.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Now a personal attack, nice. FYI, you cant let someone else ruin YOUR life.
To be fair, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter, with what's going on in Ottawa right now.

And those wankers pissed on the tomb of the unknown soldier - that's the type of people he's dealing with.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i knew a guy like that in high school. he is now morbidly obese.