Quantcast

(*&^%^&*whattheheckitstuesdayandnobodyhaspostedtheGMTyet (*&^*&%*^$%&^*()(*&^

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
my daughter started to get a nasty case of eczema and we used
it's so weird that your kid is now old enough you can use past tense about stuff that already happened in her life

duuuuude

Seems the health nuts die early and the pickled smoker/drinker types live till 99+, just ignorant observation, not math.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Jeebus peeps, I dont care, current events, politics, blah blah blah, The only person that can be offended is yourself.
jesus man, either you're being deliberately obtuse, or you're legitimately dense. this isn't politics. this isn't even about "current events". I'm sharing my personal experience, in my daily life. My neighbourhood is being occupied by 500 truckers. They're blocking traffic and harassing people going about their daily lives. I can't walk outside in my own fucking neighbourhood without fear of being assaulted. my kids are scared they're going to be assaulted for wearing masks at school. I'm not upset about desecrating the symbols, I'm upset because I'm under seige.

You were in the military yeah? I think you were deployed to the middle east? (see I pay attention to other people and don't just care about Oown my little world). I presume you lived on a base, and were constantly aware of potential threats. Except you had weapons and the means to fight back. At the moment, I don't. I have to live with the worry that this shit could erupt at any moment. This is Canada. not the Middle East, not North Korea, not China. Normally we have the expectation of freedom. But at the moment, that's not the case.

You come to the monkey for light-hearted banter about bikes, yet you post about your wounded warrior project, your toys, your financial exploits, your river flooding, all sorts of shit. But then you tell me you don't care about what I write about?! Are you so narcissistic that you think other people deserve to know about your life while you don't give a shit about them?!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My son has been dealing with a fairly extreme flare of eczema recently. Not sure if any of you are dermatologists, but it seems like eczema is part real and part voodoo, and the treatments range from MOAR lotion to sacrificing lambs. I am at a loss as every time we see improvement, we see it flare back up. It's like one step forward 3/4 step back. Anybody been through this? I called the doctor but the nurse there told me to try a bleach bath, which didn't help. Will be calling again this morning and hoping I can get him in soon for an appointment, but he's not old enough to help take care of it himself and the treatments I do don't seem to be making a significant impact....
Wife is taking our youngest to the doc in about 5min for what is one of the worst rashes I've seen on a kid. Was up all night last night kicking and screaming, and about 60% of his body looks like it was burned, it's that red, bumpy and oily looking.

There was a case of hand, foot and mouth in his daycare last week.....can't help but think it's that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
everybody take a deep breath.
Can't. Coughing too much.

In other news, here.

Oh, and the "conservative" school board smacked the bee hive with a bat last week and are learning that they might soon be seriously regretting that decision. Foundation for the recall has started and the recall process can't even actually start until May. One of the board members, who was a teacher for 30yrs, sounds like she's being effectively shunned by her entire teaching related network (thank you Facebook for spreading the word). Another who has kids in school and a local business isn't doing so hot either. And... The lawsuits have already been dropping. Reality is about to come visit them hard. Guess you need to learn to read the room sometimes. :butcher: : popcorn:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, and the "conservative" school board smacked the bee hive with a bat last week and are learning that they might soon be seriously regretting that decision. Foundation for the recall has started and the recall process can't even actually start until May. One of the board members, who was a teacher for 30yrs, sounds like she's being effectively shunned by her entire teaching related network (thank you Facebook for spreading the word). Another who has kids in school and a local business isn't doing so hot either. And... The lawsuits have already been dropping. Reality is about to come visit them hard. Guess you need to learn to read the room sometimes. :butcher: : popcorn:
got a little more back story?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
We're doing all the eczema stuff. Free+clear detergent, soap-free baths, aquaphor when it gets bad and dry, vanicream when it's a little less dire or it looks like the aquaphor is clogging his pores. We have a script for the scaly patches but I can't bathe him in the stuff and sometimes it doesn't help. He's on zyrtec right now as we try to get through this, and he is allergic to peanuts and cat hair, but the cats haven't seemed to bother him for the last three years.

I now have a derm appointment for thursday so hopefully he can get to the bottom of this.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Wife is taking our youngest to the doc in about 5min for what is one of the worst rashes I've seen on a kid. Was up all night last night kicking and screaming, and about 60% of his body looks like it was burned, it's that red, bumpy and oily looking.

There was a case of hand, foot and mouth in his daycare last week.....can't help but think it's that.
Docs said "infected eczema", which I didn't know was a thing? Prescribed antibiotics. Poor dude.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My mom, who was in her 70s at the time, went out of town for a little vacation leaving dad and the cat to fend for themselves. This displeased the cat terribly and when she returned it would follow my mom around and turn it’s back on her to make sure she knew that it was ignoring her.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I fixed the width issue with my frame, the wall is in place and pretty straight up and down and side to side and whatever. Eventually I'll post pictures, but at the moment it just doesn't look like much of anything. Maybe that's not true, it looks like a brand new framed wall attached to the front of a dilapidated 70+ year old Bong Shed.

Now for some lunch and back to work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm a dumbass and used a drill bit 1/16" too big for my taps.
I recently did this on purpose because hand tapping a 1/2" threads through a 1.25" chunk of steel was going to suck. Should be fine if you have sufficient factors of safety.

Edit:. I take that back. Like so many things in life it depends a lot on the size of your hole.

Last edited: