Quantcast

Wheatgrass???

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Tons of people at my job use this but I'm not sure if it's just hype or what.....JOJO??? Here's a page of some of the info I have collected so far......D

What’s So Great About Wheat Grass Juice?

1.Wheat grass juice is 70% chlorophyll.
2.Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light energy than any other element.
3.Wheatgrass juice is a crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without toxic side effects.
4.Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life.
5.Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly oxygenated environment.
6.Chlorophyll is anti-bacterial and can be taken inside and outside the body as a healer.
7.Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes minutes to digest wheatgrass and uses up very little body energy.
8.Science has proven chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
9.Chlorophyll (wheatgrass) rebuilds the bloodstream, studies of various animals have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red cell count was returned to normal after 4-5 days of the administration of chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be extremely anemic or low in red blood cell count.
10.Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass to restore fertility.
11.Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, wheat grass absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil
12.Wheat grass has what is called the grass juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive indefinitely.
13.Dr. Ann Wigmore has been helping people get well from chronic disorders for 30 years using wheat grass.
14.Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them, and makes them over.
15.Wheat grass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables. Dr. Earp Thomas, an associate of Ann Wigmore, says that 15 pounds of wheat grass is the equivalent of 350 pounds of carrots, lettuce, celery and so on.
16.Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
17.Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
18.Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
19.Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
20.Wheat grass juice cures acne and even removes scars after it has been ingested for 7 to 8 months. Although the diet must be improved at the same time.
21.Wheat grass juice adds a detergent to the body and is used as a body deodorant.
22.A small amount of wheat grass juice in the diet prevents tooth decay.
23.Wheat grass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches. It pulls poison from the gums.
24.Gargling with wheat grass juice is excellent for a sore throat.
25.Drink wheat grass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
26.Wheat grass juice can keep hair from graying.
27.By taking wheat grass juice one can feel a difference in strength, endurance, health, spirituality, and experience a sense of well being.
28.Wheat grass juice can greatly improve digestion.
29.Wheat grass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
30.Wheat grass juice is high in enzymes.
31.Wheat grass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition.
32.Wheat grass implant (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls. The implants can also heal and cleanse the internal organs.
33.Wheat grass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open. It is high in magnesium.
34.Chlorophyll is called “concentrated sun power” it increase the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, intestines, uterus, and lungs.
35.Chlorophyll has been used as a body cleanser, rebuilder, and neutralizer of toxins when observed in nature.
36.Wheat grass juice can dissolve the soaps that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gases. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
37.Wheat grass juice reduces high blood pressure and strengthens the capillaries.
38.Wheat grass juice helps to remove heavy metals from the body.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I beilive it's all pretty true. It's good stuff. It doesn't taste good, but it's a good practice me thinks. A friend of mine was really into it for awhile and is now taking chlorophyll instead. I wish that I could stomach it better.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Ozzer
with this wad of info, I'm just gonna add some sugar on that wheat grass juice and suck it up....

cool info bits..

ozzer
where I work the wheat grass is organic and it is really sweet all by itself...I kinda like it....D

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
AND...

39) Makes an excellent alternative to Simple Green
49) Wards off evil
50) Can be used in Hayes systems
51) That wonderful "dirty lawn trimmings" taste
52) Charges you AND your Digital 12 Pro up to 4 hrs burn time!
53) Microlube compatible
54) Cuts through the toughest grease, yet gentle on hands
55) No wax build up
56) Chlorophyll drops give eyes that silky green color
57) Approved for use in most Rug Doctor systems
58) Used regularly it promotes levitation
59) Cures athletes foot AND emotional withdrawal
60) Excellent tonic for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
61) Endorsed by the National Rifle Association
62) Prevents pinch flats
63) Deoderizes DH protective gear
64) Soothes radiation burns
65) A good source of riboflavin and mercury
66) Etches some plastics and metals

Good stuff!

My god, chlorophyll must be the magic bullet! :rolleyes:

These claims and ads are made by a bunch of money-grubbing charlatans who have (from what it sounds like) successfully pulled the wool over many people's eyes.

Chlorophyll probably don't do crap for ya, unless you're a green leafy tree. Also, the makers of chlorophyll products probably *forgot* to mention that chlorophyll is in every plant, not just wheat grass!!!!!!!!!!! Why pay $5 for a trendy wheat grass shot when you can have a salad or some spinach or any other plant that grows in sunlight.

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
It's funny you mention wheatgrass. I was with the queen monkey the first time I had it. YUK YUK YUK YUK...
Just hold your nose!
The first time I saw it was in Co. You don't see it every much here in Philly. Maybe they should start pouring it on cheese steaks...LOL

It does sound really good for ya. I'd drink it everyday if I could.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
YES its pretty gross but I do believe the benefits listed.

Dont know a whole lot about it but have read that a shot is like a pound of leafy green veggies. If you dont like veggies than it is an easy alternative!

Ire.. I totally forgot about that.. Heheheh Seems like ages ago:)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by dirtgirl
My god, chlorophyll must be the magic bullet! :rolleyes:

These claims and ads are made by a bunch of money-grubbing charlatans who have (from what it sounds like) successfully pulled the wool over many people's eyes.

Chlorophyll probably don't do crap for ya, unless you're a green leafy tree. Also, the makers of chlorophyll products probably *forgot* to mention that chlorophyll is in every plant, not just wheat grass!!!!!!!!!!! Why pay $5 for a trendy wheat grass shot when you can have a salad or some spinach or any other plant that grows in sunlight.
well...where I'm at it's only $1 per shot, and it's organic so you don't have to worry about all the pesticides in conventional veggies..... and you don't have to eat a whole bunch of veggies to get the nutrition found in a small amount of wheat grass.....D

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I think I trust Bomberz's claims more than all the "documented" claims (documented by who?). They seem less outlandish. There are no magic foods, just real lousy ones, like fast food and piles of sugar, and healthy ones, like fruit, vegetables, grains, and lean meats. If grass is a superfood, why haven't cows taken over the planet? I don't think wheatgrass will hurt anyone, except in the wallet. I believe it's right up there with shark cartilage and colon cleansers as an "indispensable" health aid. Somebody is making millions from all this stuff, though, and spending a lot of it on good advertising.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
bomberz1qr20 said:
AND...

39) Makes an excellent alternative to Simple Green
49) Wards off evil
50) Can be used in Hayes systems
51) That wonderful "dirty lawn trimmings" taste
52) Charges you AND your Digital 12 Pro up to 4 hrs burn time!
53) Microlube compatible
54) Cuts through the toughest grease, yet gentle on hands
55) No wax build up
56) Chlorophyll drops give eyes that silky green color
57) Approved for use in most Rug Doctor systems
58) Used regularly it promotes levitation
59) Cures athletes foot AND emotional withdrawal
60) Excellent tonic for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
61) Endorsed by the National Rifle Association
62) Prevents pinch flats
63) Deoderizes DH protective gear
64) Soothes radiation burns