Quantcast

Wheel Build Reveiw

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ok so awhile back, someone posted a page about custom lacing and such, http://www.geocities.com/spokeanwheel/lacingcl.htm#3l3t
So I decided to try the 3x/radial style and see how it worked out.

Here are some pics

So, after a year of running this wheel from time to time, I can say that, one, it feels nice and smooth, two, it goes out of dish relativly easy. three, Its pretty much worthless other than a conversation peice, and a trainer wheel.

good god...looks like some meth head tried building a wheel!

When I read 3x radial, I was figuring a rear wheel with 3x drive and radial non-drive. Built that plenty of times, no biggee...

What you did there man, is something some trailer dweller with no teeth drempt up one night.

Well, I guess A+ for thinking outside the box and giving it a go.

RAMNATION1

Chimp
Oct 24, 2007
WOW... I guess if you're bored and like to spend time on a build that will never see the actual street that would be an interesting thing... I guess I value my time slightly more than that... I f I build a wheel man better believe she'll at least try and be riddin hard... My goal is to see how long it will take a wheel to stay together with the least amount of truing possible in a given amount of time... I built a set of wheels for a hucker who consitantly beats the hell out of his rims, the dish hasn't even budged and I finally got a chance to tru them again... 4 years after I built them... I was pretty excited. The rim has dent after dent on ithad to bend out the dent's and file down some edges but over all(even missing a spoke) the tension wasn't as bad as I expected it... (WEE) NEXT! I am going to try those out though... sounds interesting...

RAMNATION1

Chimp
Oct 24, 2007
oooh I have a question... does anyone remember who used to twist radial lace their spokes??? I can't remember who it was whether it was a company or a wheel builder...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yup, I have seen that a bunch of times, Dude at Fontana is selling a set of DH THE wheels laced like that. Never did like that one.

Oh as far as wasting time on the build, spoke lengths were easy, 3x and radial lengths, building it took about the same time as any other wheel.