Quantcast

Wheel building debate?

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
The Seattle Swap meet is coming up and once again I have a table to pedal off some wheels along wth last years pars o raise the cash for a newer ride. So here is the debate.
I have 4 pair of rims: 2/X138, 2/220,1/221 all lower end yes but all brand new.
I have hubs for 8 pair of wheels: 2 set LX F&R 2002/ 1 set XT 2002/ 2 sets XT disc 2002/
2 sets deore disc 2002(with flanges), and 1 pair XTR 1999 all new never ridden.
Problem is I can't decide which hubs to use in the rims I have. Maybe none.
I already have 3 sets of disk wheels to sale and 3 sets of XT non disc wheels to sale. Maybe I should just sale the parts. Any ideals or opinions on my silly little delema? :confused:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
cant really tell you much to help with your dilemma as i dont know why you could want so many wheels

but

how much do you want for the xt disc hubs?

vic

Locosrus

Chimp
Dec 18, 2001
Fran sancisco
Originally posted by jodysbike
The Seattle Swap meet is coming up and once again I have a table to pedal off some wheels along wth last years pars o raise the cash for a newer ride. So here is the debate.
I have 4 pair of rims: 2/X138, 2/220,1/221 all lower end yes but all brand new.
I have hubs for 8 pair of wheels: 2 set LX F&R 2002/ 1 set XT 2002/ 2 sets XT disc 2002/
2 sets deore disc 2002(with flanges), and 1 pair XTR 1999 all new never ridden.
I already have 3 sets of disk wheels to sale and 3 sets of XT non disc wheels to sale.
I think you should definitely build The cheaper Hubs with the cheaper rims. And if you are gonna build the XT's do it but not the disks. all the higher end hubs you are better off selling by themselves.
I think you should aim to sell to those people that just bought a frame and don't want or can't afford nice wheels. whenever I go to swapmeets, I seem to always run into this peeps, you know the kind, they are just gettin' into it usually, Nice people that are not sure what they are doing, and need a set of decent wheels.
My Opinion.
good luck
J