Quantcast

Wheel Q: boost adapters for dt350?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
ok, so my new bike won't be built/available until around June next year (Inshallah!)
It will most likely be boost.
In the interim, I want to order a Crabon wheelset from LB, and am curious if a standard 15/110-12/142 set will be upgradeBle to boost with a few spacers. Anyone know how this works? Would running the same spoke offsets negate any (this is bound to cause an argument) benefits of boost from a strength perspective?
Hope this q makes sense...

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2015
What he said ^

Front hub adapter is just an end cap for the non-disc side. Rear hub adapter is an end cap, rotor spacer and some longer rotor bolts.

Then you re-dish your wheels.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If your hub uses end-caps, like most quality hubs do, probably take the end caps to a local machinist shop and say "make these 3mm longer".

Sep 11, 2015
Would still need the rotor spacer on the rear, plus the longer bolts. Not that you couldn't get around that too at the machine shop, but how much would all that hassle really save?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Would still need the rotor spacer on the rear, plus the longer bolts. Not that you couldn't get around that too at the machine shop, but how much would all that hassle really save?
Negative money. Unless you're doing it yourself or have a buddy who will, no shop is making those for under $40.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I've been using the Boostinator rear Hope kit all year, no issues. If Lindarets/Wolf Tooth don't make caps for your hub, there's a guy whole sells a universal kit on eBay. I've used that as well, the downside is having to keep track of the end cap spacer when changing tires, and getting it all lined up when installing your wheel takes a little more work.

Sep 11, 2015
Negative money. Unless you're doing it yourself or have a buddy who will, no shop is making those for under $40.
So, pay more money for more hassle and no guarantee the shit will work?

That don't make no sen .... wait ... I forgot that this is the bike industry we're talking about. Makes perfect sense.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well, seeing as the wolf tooth adaptors apply to just a few types of hubs, possibly a lot.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yes. As long as they're 6-bolt.
I'm guessing you could use a centerlock hub too, as long as you used a 6 bolt rotor adapter and a 6 bolt rotor, so that you could still space it out. The DT part numbers for the axles for centerlock and 6 bolt rear hubs are the same.