Quantcast

wheel world!!

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
2,437
0
all i have to say is that i just got off the phone with them and they have the worst customer service i have ever had. they were so rude, and had no clue on what was going on in their store, and what was up with their product. all i can say is wow! I can tell one thing and that is, that they don't care for indivdual customers and will not be getting any of my money? I highley recomend not even bothering with the people and the entire store of wheel world.
 

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
293
0
So Cal
IVE HAD HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES WITH THEM BEFORE....THEY WILL NEVER EVER RECIVE MY MONEY EVER AGAIN!! Seriously i really would rather shop anywhere else. BEYOND BIKES, UNIVERSIL CYCLES, PRICE POINT,CHAIN REACTION,JENSONS USA, ANYWERE!!!!!!!!
 

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
168
0
So. CAL.
Not to mention they are a rip off. They were blowing out some old Mavic 217 rims for $19.99 Sweet, I need some new XC wheels. I put 2 of them in my shopping cart and go to check out. $39.98 for the wheels and $27 shipping. I am only 36 miles away from thier store. I went into the store to buy them and was told they didn't have any.


So I just ordered the same thing from Cambria, had them pricematch, and with tax & shipping was only $50. I ordered them late Monday night online.....today they were on my doorstep. Very impressed.

mtnbikej
 

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
1,189
0
so basically don't shop from then, they promise what they don't have. They take your money before they even get a product in. They are a bunch of crooks!
 

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
547
0
Independence,Mo
I got a 2004 Kona Stinky from them and found a bad bushing in one of the pivots. It had a small crack in it. It was not bad but I wanted it to be right! Called them up and told them what was going on with my frame.... They called Kona and sent me an entire rebuild kit for the frame plus a new bushing for the bad one.

I have orderd from them many times and have never had a single problem out of them! No out of stock on sale items, or lack of intelligence when asking questions about a part they have. Not saying that you didn't have a problem with them, but that dosn't mean that the whole company is bad!

You had a problem with an employee who might even be new to the whole bike world. So next time get in touch with a manager before you just start to discredit the whole company and have the problem resolved. Now Super Go on the other hand..... The stores might be ok, but their internet sales and customer support is one of the worst I have ever used!!!!!!!!
 

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
2,437
0
true however i later found out taht the guy i was talking to was a manager, and it seemed he just didn't want to be there and really did not want to be talking to a customer
 

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
547
0
Independence,Mo
Well, call them back and talk to the person above him! In all cases their's always somebody that is higher up the chain. Explain to them in a kind way that you would like to stay a customer of theirs, but had a problem with one of the Managers.

Talk to Linden, He has always been great to me. And even held my frame with no money down for a week till I got my money back from Super Slow!

Blow out items are just what they are.... Blowouts, When their gone their gone. Their isn't much that can be done about a sale that has ended accept start looking for the next best bargin wich is what you did.
 

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
21,666
434
NC
ctrailfreak said:
Well, call them back and talk to the person above him! In all cases their's always somebody that is higher up the chain. Explain to them in a kind way that you would like to stay a customer of theirs, but had a problem with one of the Managers.

Talk to Linden, He has always been great to me. And even held my frame with no money down for a week till I got my money back from Super Slow!
Meh. I won't deal with a business where I need to speak to one or two specific people in order to get decent service. EVERYONE you talk to should give you the same service.
 

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
293
0
So Cal
mtnbikej said:
Not to mention they are a rip off. They were blowing out some old Mavic 217 rims for $19.99 Sweet, I need some new XC wheels. I put 2 of them in my shopping cart and go to check out. $39.98 for the wheels and $27 shipping. I am only 36 miles away from thier store. I went into the store to buy them and was told they didn't have any.


So I just ordered the same thing from Cambria, had them pricematch, and with tax & shipping was only $50. I ordered them late Monday night online.....today they were on my doorstep. Very impressed.

mtnbikej


They have done the same to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THEM SO MUCH, IM WRITING A LETTER TO THE BBB TOMMOROW!
 

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
2,258
0
805
I've ordered stuff from Wheel World as well with no issues or problems. Everything came quick and as it was ordered. I've had about the same service from all the online retail places. Plus if you're ordering things around the holidays it's just going to take a couple days longer period.
 

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
665
0
At a computer...duh
Don't know about Wheel World, but I know SuperBlow has given me completely bogus stories about what they did and didn't have in stock. Their stories radically changed when I mentioned that I wanted something shipped overnight before I left for Northstar - the phone rep. just "happened to notice the requested item was actually no longer in stock". Once again, went to Cambia, pricematched it, new brakes on my doorstep the next day for a real sweet price.
 

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
547
0
Independence,Mo
bomberboy11 said:
Don't know about Wheel World, but I know SuperBlow has given me completely bogus stories about what they did and didn't have in stock. Their stories radically changed when I mentioned that I wanted something shipped overnight before I left for Northstar - the phone rep. just "happened to notice the requested item was actually no longer in stock". Once again, went to Cambia, pricematched it, new brakes on my doorstep the next day for a real sweet price.
Ya supergo almost made my mortgage check bounce! I was supposed to get a $1,000.00 credit from them on a bike I purchased from them and they sold it after I had paid for it! Then they decided they didn't get enough money from me and charged me again! 2 weeks later and still no 1st credit or 2nd credit back to my account.

It took them almost a month to give me all my money back and they wouldn't even pay my bounced check fee's even though they cleard out my bank account! Not even so much as a sorry and they told me I should just be patient and the money would turn up as soon as they figured out what they did wrong!

After dealing with that and then taking my business to WheelWorld it was a Godsend to see a big brown truck show up on time and have my money still in my account! Chris...
 

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
411
0
Bay Area
My experience with Wheelworld was very good. I purchased several items from them and the guy I spoke with went out of his way to take care of me. Everything arrived promptly and everything received was in perfect condition. So, I was very happy with my transaction with Wheelworld.com
 

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
293
0
So Cal
ok stop posting here, this is a bashing a company forum, not a give thanks to an amazing compay forum. Thanks.
 

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
547
0
Independence,Mo
degoose said:
so basicly they suck balls??
All I'm trying to say is your retarded and your post here shows that! Hope you stay one sided all your life! Do you post in here when McDonalds runs out of apple pies on sale too?

I can tell that just by listening to you rant in here that I would not want to deal with you either!
 

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
411
0
Bay Area
I'll bet you have a difficult time wherever you purchase something. Have you ever heard of Karma?

I doubt it, you seem like too much of a moron to be enlightened about much of anything.
 

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
547
0
Independence,Mo
Once again.... I have 326 post's since 2004? Hows that spending all my time in the forum? And I have a job! You have got to be one of the smartest people on Rm to come up with such quick comebacks!:stupid:

I'm going to stop posting in reply to you, Your too thick headed to even waste my time typing. Go back to School and learn some basics. Like counting the #of post's a person has, and the amount of time they have spent in a forum, "For almost two years" with only 326 posts?

You do the Math! That's less than a post a day, so how is that alot of time? Again I'm done with you so...... have fun trying to come back! From the looks of it, your having a hard time anyway!:help:
 

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
10,157
1
SB
Dude you're a loser. You're like 16, you're about 4' 7", and you weigh probably 300 pounds. Then you sit on the internet and make fun of people after pointlessly bashing a company. :stosh:
 

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
1,129
0
Helena, MT
degoose said:
ok stop posting here, this is a bashing a company forum, not a give thanks to an amazing compay forum. Thanks.
Hmmm... Bad Sellers or Scams - I don't see "bashing a company" anywhere. Grow up a little, eh?
 

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
293
0
So Cal
im 6'0 and im 145. Thanks you, how is the temp down in ojai? God bikes of ojai, what a laugh. My friend bought a bike from were u come from, and the owner complained because the cash was unorganised! What kind of a shop is that.
 

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
1,129
0
Helena, MT
degoose said:
eh are you from canada?
Yup, I'm posting drunk from my igloo. I just got done outrunning a bunch of RCMPs on my dog sled. I got back today from the annual polar bear slaughter, and I'm pretty sure I have to go do some ice fishing right now, seeing as how it never gets dark here being so close to the north pole and all.

:stosh:
 

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
10,157
1
SB
degoose said:
im 6'0 and im 145. Thanks you, how is the temp down in ojai? God bikes of ojai, what a laugh. My friend bought a bike from were u come from, and the owner complained because the cash was unorganised! What kind of a shop is that.
:stosh: Wow. What do I have to do with the owner of an LBS?
 

wetsponge007

Monkey
Jan 2, 2006
109
0
Camarillo
I went to buy a coiler from the store a couple of weeks ago. I had my mind made up that was the bike I was going to get. I went in and was asking some questions about gear I would need and other things and the guy was trying to sell me body armor for trail use and some very light downhill and the the bike I was looking at looked used. There was a coat of dried mud on the tires and the seat was falling off. So I changed my mind on the bike and the employees were jerk offs.
 

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
1,019
0
Orange County
I bought my Giant frame from them without issue...

I don't see what bad customer service has to do with bad sellers or scams, but that's just me.
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I bought my Dawg Primo frame from them. They expedited the shipping for free because the order "wouldn't be ready in time for the last ground shipment before the holidays". They also sent Beth a brandy new drailleur hangar when we realized hers was bent in transit.

I get them 2 :thumb:s up.