Quantcast

Wheelie's Anyone?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Those people have balance problems. People aren't supposed to ballance like that.

I have at the most
wheelied: about 70'
manualed: about 20'
nose wheelied: about 8'

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
That video is unreal!!!

Hey one time I watched my friend Gio almost bite it at the top of this gnarly rocky rooty descent, his feet clipped out, and he jammed on his front brake, landed on the toptube/stem with his feet hanging out infront of his wheel, and he cleaned the hill doing an Endo!!! I was laughing so hard that he actually made it, that I almost puked!!!:help:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman said:
That video is unreal!!!

Hey one time I watched my friend Gio almost bite it at the top of this gnarly rocky rooty descent, his feet clipped out, and he jammed on his front brake, landed on the toptube/stem with his feet hanging out infront of his wheel, and he cleaned the hill doing an Endo!!! I was laughing so hard that he actually made it, that I almost puked!!!:help:
Brunger, that dude did what pat always said he could do, he was always talking about "surfing" down the street on the bars and seat like that...Could you see that...

we are still on for sunday right?

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
dont forget to ride also with "NO HELMET" (sp?).... specially if it on a paved road, theres no danger for your melon there..

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
This was posted about two years ago. Wow, you guys are really amazed by his wheelies. Glad the kid is stoked, and you guys should definitely not check out any BMX footage, as it will make your head implode. It is definitely pretty cool that the kid made the movie though. Is he German?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
bikenweed said:
This was posted about two years ago. Wow, you guys are really amazed by his wheelies. It is definitely pretty cool that the kid made the movie though. Is he German?
Just something that was sent to me from a Yahoo mtb group. I have no idea when it was made or where. Just seemed like something people might want to see. A search failed to show it was previously posted, and I thought some actual bike content in the lounge might be better than the stupid $hit like arguing about satellite radio or which .mp3 player rules the world.......

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bikenweed said:
This was posted about two years ago. Wow, you guys are really amazed by his wheelies. Glad the kid is stoked, and you guys should definitely not check out any BMX footage, as it will make your head implode. It is definitely pretty cool that the kid made the movie though. Is he German?
my guess is swedish or maybe norweigan?

i thought he was pretty impressive. how many people can ride a manual w/ their feet resting on the handlebar?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
narlus said:
i thought he was pretty impressive. how many people can ride a manual w/ their feet resting on the handlebar?
Lol, with the stuff that Bearclaw and the BC boys are up to, how is this impressive? I'm glad it got posted again, but people are waaaay more stoked than I'd expect. I like the fact he has no helmet on.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bikenweed said:
Lol, with the stuff that Bearclaw and the BC boys are up to, how is this impressive?
well i got bored w/ the NWD series and haven't seen one since probably #3. it's just a different skill set; i can't see how you can assign a metric to directly compare the two. this is more akin to bmx flatland riding i guess, and remember it's a homemade vid; it's not meant to be a pro-shot vid distributed as a DVD.

send a few URLs of some unbelievable clips, i'll watch 'em.

btw, the last thing i saw which really got me was kyle ebbot's (i think it was him) backflip to manual at a skatepark. that was pretty damn impressive.