Quantcast

wheels?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
well, a king hub in the rear, the standard setup is a steel drive shell with the heavy duity axle and funbolts. It's strong, light, and pretty much the sickest hub out there. as for rims, the old standards were Sun Ryno lites. Now Its the Alex DX32 or some other wide rim from some trials company such as Echo, or TRYALL. We drill them to save rotational weight, which doesn't really lose much strength, and we like wide rims for a good shape to our tires, and it helps the tires from rolling when we're on off camber stuff. My wheels are pretty light, and I could throw a whole lot of abuse at them. It's all a balance point between liight and strong. It's tough having both. Yet it's hard finding a good median.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Yep! Steel Cassette Chris King (although the Hadleys are more reliable), Alex DX 32! Mine is Drilled. It has a nice grind on it too!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yep the alex dx-32 it is. but i have not drilled mine because of my size and the fact that i suck. you can use any hub you want for the most part but the more ratchet points the better. also you can use a free wheel rear hub and get a free wheel on the back or the front. this setup tends to be cheap some times and make some part more desposable

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
you can use a free wheel rear hub and get a free wheel
but you have to make sure that if you use a front freewheel setup, don't use a track cog on the rear freewheel type hub. they will strip. however an white industries eno freewheel will pretty much kick ass. that on a spot hup would be a nice setup

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
iridebikes said:
but you have to make sure that if you use a front freewheel setup, don't use a track cog on the rear freewheel type hub. they will strip. however an white industries eno freewheel will pretty much kick ass. that on a spot hup would be a nice setup

Huh? That's what mine is: FFW Echo CNC crank with Phil Wood 18t cog, 5mm spacer, and bashring mated up to the King wheel in the back with a 15t kingkog.