Quantcast

"when a woman becomes pregnant during a rape, "that's something God intended.""

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
you have to be Sh1tting me, people are actually going to vote for someone that believes this crap?

NEW ALBANY, Ind. (AP) — Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said Tuesday when a woman becomes pregnant during a rape, "that's something God intended."
Mourdock, who's been locked in one of the country's most watched Senate races, was asked during the final minutes of a debate with Democratic challenger Rep. Joe Donnelly whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest.
"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics/article/Mourdock-God-at-work-when-rape-leads-to-pregnancy-3975678.php#ixzz2ABoG3OFo

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Note to self: when running for public office, DON'T take Santorum's stance on rape babies.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I asked a young female friend of mine if she was going to vote early and she told me that she wasn't going to vote because it doesn't affect her life one way or another. I wonder if she is totally oblivious to the GOP's stance on women's rights. Makes my head spin.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Oh, and yeah there are plenty of Christian Fundamentalist women here in the South that believe this crap. Not too long ago a female coffee shop owner earnestly informed me that women are not equal to men because they were created from one of Adam's ribs. Stunned at first, but saw the giant bible sitting on a table, I just replied, "uh-huh".

And really it's fine if these folks want to believe in this insanity, but please do not cram it down my throat or empower any elected official to do so.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
holy moses.

on my pandora primal scream channel, "you just haven't earned it yet baby" just rotated in.

preach on, morrissey

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Between Todd Akin, Mr. Mourdock, and GA rep Paul Broun I'm starting to wonder how these folks passed middle school science...........
"Science was my favorite class at school, especially the Old Testament!" - kenneth parcell, 30rock

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, and yeah there are plenty of Christian Fundamentalist women here in the South that believe this crap. Not too long ago a female coffee shop owner earnestly informed me that women are not equal to men because they were created from one of Adam's ribs. Stunned at first, but saw the giant bible sitting on a table, I just replied, "uh-huh".

And really it's fine if these folks want to believe in this insanity, but please do not cram it down my throat or empower any elected official to do so.
i bet she makes awesome sandwiches

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
To be fair to Richard Mourdock, his entire religion is based around the statutory rape of a young girl by a ghost.

This kind of thinking is predictable.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am always surprised how people are so shocked and reviled when a candidate says something like this. This is 100% the Republican Party platform. Any repub that says otherwise goes against the party platform, it would seem many would disagree when it comes to first hand statements but few have problems when it becomes the party line.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
This is 100% the Republican Party platform. Any repub that says otherwise goes against the party platform, it would seem many would disagree when it comes to first hand statements but few have problems when it becomes the party line.
disagree.

i'm sure you can find plenty of republican voters who believe something should be done about the scourge of niglets rooting for white-funded teets, and the jungle of liberty must be pruned from time to time with the scarlet blood of whores.

unwittingly, palin's shuck-n-jive remarks do feed a steady stream of fuel for this undercurrent

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
disagree.

i'm sure you can find plenty of republican voters who believe something should be done about the scourge of niglets rooting for white-funded teets, and the jungle of liberty must be pruned from time to time with the scarlet blood of whores.

unwittingly, palin's shuck-n-jive remarks do feed a steady stream of fuel for this undercurrent
the comments are pure, open, blatant racism. freedom of speech doesn't do you a favour when you're a complete a$$hole....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm beginning to think that most of the Repub's would make great Sunni Mullahs.... and a few of them perhaps even Wahabist ones......
name any religion where a woman comes out ahead....even if you are a woman and married to a atheist you still have to listen to the dick prattle on about his latest home brew.....

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
name any religion where a woman comes out ahead....even if you are a woman and married to a atheist you still have to listen to the dick prattle on about his latest home brew.....
nailed it ... right through the callous-free palms