Quantcast

when consumer protection act intersects w/ religious liberties

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
This seems like more "poor persecuted Christian" syndrome..........

Hey florist, here's a tip straight from your Messiah.......in spite of your "beliefs" how about you agree to do the flower arrangement for this couples wedding, you know the whole "love you enemy and wish them well" deal that Jesus taught. In doing so, throw in some random, generous acts of kindness to these folks. Then when they ask why you did that, you know the whole “be ready to give a reason for the hope you have”, you can say it’s because that’s what Jesus teaches His followers to do. You know like read what Jesus teaches and actually DO IT. By “protesting” gay marriage, Florist, all you’re doing is reinforcing that Christians are people that are “against” certain social issue rather than people that are hard at work trying to bring Heaven to earth through their actions daily………

Dear God this sh!t wears me out……….

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
good point, andy. i wonder if the florist would refuse service to someone who was re-marrying after divorcing their previous spouse?

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
good point, andy. i wonder if the florist would refuse service to someone who was re-marrying after divorcing their previous spouse?
Exactly, or refuse to do the flowers for the funeral for an atheist...........

Seems like folks have their sensitivity meters all out of cal............

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
WTF kind of florists turns down a wedding job. I'd make wedding bands for Hitler if he came back from the dead. Wouldn't like it, but I accept the fact that I'm a professional whore. Jeebus these idiots shoot themselves in the foot with way too much efficiency.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
WTF kind of florists turns down a wedding job. I'd make wedding bands for Hitler if he came back from the dead. Wouldn't like it, but I accept the fact that I'm a professional whore. Jeebus these idiots shoot themselves in the foot with way too much efficiency.
When business people like that put themselves out of pocket and then out of business you can bet they'll blame Obama.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
would you also fashion shackles for slaves?

die in a oven fire.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
would you also fashion shackles for slaves?

die in a oven fire.

hyperbole

Besides, I'd have to make Zombie Hitler's wedding bands (assuming of course Ann Coulter being the bride) because he would probably kill me if I did the self-righteous thing and told him to fvck off. Zombie Nazis are not to be taken lightly.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
and that statement gets you a punch in the mouth if we ever meet
calling someone a name that's correlated to our Lord & Savior, or highly educated/hard-working/clever/successful is offensive in your opinion?

got it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A good business man always has some ridiculous charges on the price sheet that he discounts for everyone he likes and does not for those he doesn't.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A good business man always has some ridiculous charges on the price sheet that he discounts for everyone he likes and does not for those he doesn't.
it's the pain in the ass tax.