Quantcast

When Contractors Attack.... Day 1

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Our kitchen renovation began today. The kitchen has been a major sore spot for us since we moved in to this house. But not anymore. I was pretty shocked how much they got done.
Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

The framing for the dry bar, the laundry room, and a little bit of wall between the hall and den need to come out but that happens tomorrow. Not sure what the schedule is but says that he will have all the boxes for the cabinets in by next week for the countertop guy to template.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hard wood floors are always a beautiful site to behold.

Dry bar? To aid in KOF duties?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Opeth said:
You missed the cat.;) No woks, or Fire Hydrants?
I have no idea where the woks are.... for that matter I don't know where anything is right now. My wife packed it all and she ain't talking.

N8 said:
Man! that is one clean jobsite!
I was a little surprised. His references all made mention that the mess was kept to a bare minimum throughout the process.

stevew said:
Hard wood floors are always a beautiful site to behold.

Dry bar? To aid in KOF duties?
There was a dry bar but it was of no use to the KOF, so its going for more room in the kitchen. I do most of my liquor drinking at work so .....

The hardwoods were put in a few months AFTER the house was built so they didn't extend under the cabinets. Luckly we knew that so no big surprise. I was a little worried about matching it all up but he showed me a kitchen where he stiched in a lot more than what we'll need and you simply couldn't tell.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I bet you ride the trails with the handle up on that backpack. That's dangerous.