Quantcast

when coworkers smell blood...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
so ive been working for 'the man' for a little over 5 years now and have managed to get hurt about once a year compliments of dh'ing. as a result of this, my trip to snowshoe this past weekend to snowboard resulted in my coworkers establishing a betting pool to see what if any part and or parts of my body i would injure.

the name of the 'game' was called

Merv Griffins "Name That Injury"
'someone is going snowboarding this weekend'

they went so far as to make a diagram front and back of the human body with 40 parts called out, as well as compiling a set of rules to wit:

1) Put 1 ducket in the pot. Winner takes all (betting at work is not legal so they can't call it a dollar)
2) Ther are 40 spots. Pick one spot for each ducket you put in. No limit, Jamie.
3) If a certain gravity affected wild man we work with injures the body part you chose with your ducket, you win the pot.
4)If there are two succintly seperate, but deemed worhty of inclusion, inures - the pot wil be split bewteen the two spots chosen.
5)If a spot wins that was not chosen, then the pot will be saved to purchase food for the group of wagering participants.
6)Monday, or Tuesday, whichever is his return date, we will determine the injury by panel, inquisitions are allowed, but no leading questioning.
7)Casts or braces or wraps or visible bruises are to be taken note of, not laughed at.
8)As to follow suit with shipyard related security rules, no pictures allowed. Unless said pictures are taken outside the yard.

those are the rules of the pool they established verbatim. 31 of 40 spots were chosen, and the best part...i won as i returned injury free and now i get free pizza from them next week!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
if they are a-holes, then have a pool of which one gets a heart attack first...