Quantcast

When did you start riding

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I began riding bikes as a kid - I got my first Schwinn Stingray about 1972 when I was 7. Next came a dark green Schwinn Varsity about 1976. In 1979 I bought my first good bike - a Myata. My first trail bike was about 1983 - a Schwinn touring frame I outfitted with balloon tires, if they where not 100% true they rubbed the frame. I rode that bike all over Highlands Rance Colorado - when it was still a ranch with no houses. That same year I bought a Univega Competition - that bike still sees weekly service from the guy I gave it to. :) I started riding mountain bikes on fire roads in the early 90s. I rode my first trails (very poorly) with a bunch of Monkeys from the PNW forum in 2000 or 2001...

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Well, I started riding when I was like 7, but then stopped in high school. I started riding again 5 years ago when I was 27, though that was road biking only. I started mtn biking 2 years later when the insane drivers in Durham, NC, where I was living at the time, scared me off the road and into the woods. Now that I'm back in upstate NY, I do about an equal mix of road and mtn biking, although I enjoy mtn biking much more.