Quantcast

When does it end?

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
This year has been one thing after another for set backs...

This is what happend today.

Background, My lease on my Apt. ended on the 31st. I had a new place ready to go, so I move in. Its a buddies fully furnished basement. Rents cheap, indoor bike storage... He made the offer to me.

OK, Ive been there for 6 days now. And he sends me a email saying that he is not "at ease" with the living arrangements. And wants me to move out by Sunday... :mumble:

So, I have to pack up my crap, and move back home with the `rents until i can find some new diggs.:mumble:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Andy_B said:
This year has been one thing after another for set backs...

This is what happend today.

Background, My lease on my Apt. ended on the 31st. I had a new place ready to go, so I move in. Its a buddies fully furnished basement. Rents cheap, indoor bike storage... He made the offer to me.

OK, Ive been the for 6 days now. And he sends me a email saying that he is not "at ease" with the living arrangements. And wants me to move out by Sunday... :mumble:

So, I have to pack up my crap, and move back home with the `rents until i can find some new diggs.:mumble:
didn't sign a lease did you?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
DRB said:
I assume that at least a verbal agreement was made. I'm not suggesting that he says there since the other guy's a dick, but if the OP needs more than Sunday to move out, the other guy's just gotta deal with it.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
DRB said:
No, didnt cut him a check either... Just F*cking pissed that I have to repack all my sh!t. He made the offer to me over a month ago.... Then 6days after I move in he flakes. :mumble:

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Jeremy R said:
6 days?
How do you get kicked out in 6 days?
Did you try a showstopper on him while he was sleeping?
Hell, Im so busy I havent been getting in till like 11.00p im out of there by 6.30a... We have crossed paths at the LBS more than at the house.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
did you ask him to explain "not as ease" in more detail to see if you can work something out?

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Dirty said:
did you ask him to explain "not as ease" in more detail to see if you can work something out?

Yea...

"I guess I'm uncomfortable and think I
may have bit off more than I can chew renting out our house. This has
nothing to do with me asking you about $ last night and it also has
nothing to do with you as you've been a good guest."

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Jeremy R said:
6 days?
How do you get kicked out in 6 days?
Did you try a showstopper on him while he was sleeping?

Andy_B said:
Hell, Im so busy I havent been getting in till like 11.00p im out of there by 6.30a... We have crossed paths at the LBS more than at the house.
well there ya go. He was hoping to put it on you, but you havent been around.

Give up the a$$ and you probably would have stayed longer

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
skyst3alth said:
Is he married/girlfriend? Cause that would do it right quick

-Adam

He's married, but when the offer was laid out they were both present.
I had my own entrance to house. The only common ground was the kitchen... Being the respectful quest that I was. I would not cook dinner or go up there if i got home after 9.00p.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Legally, I believe you could make it a pain in the ass for him even without a lease. You've taken possession of the living space. There needs to be like a 10 or 30 day notice provided, etc.

Sounds like a good time to learn about renters rights in your state.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stinkyboy said:
Legally, I believe you could make it a pain in the ass for him even without a lease. You've taken possession of the living space. There needs to be like a 10 or 30 day notice provided, etc.

Sounds like a good time to learn about renters rights in your state.

The owner could also easily change the locks and make it difficult to get to his crap. Unless he has some mail or other kind of tangible proof of him actually living there he is going to end up with the short end of the stick if he tries to play hardball.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
The owner could also easily change the locks and make it difficult to get to his crap. Unless he has some mail or other kind of tangible proof of him actually living there he is going to end up with the short end of the stick if he tries to play hardball.
All I have are emails.

my blood is boiling right now. :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :dead:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Andy_B said:
All, I have are emails.

my blood is boiling right now. :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :dead:
That's more than enough. You should definately check out your rights as a renter. In most states they are quite extensive.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DRB said:
That's more than enough. You should definately check out your rights as a renter. In most states they are quite extensive.
dont start a fight you cannot win. Even if he wins, he loses.

Get your stuff out, be nice and then....

Westy said:
After you find a new place and leave, cut a deuce on his pillow on your way out.