Quantcast

When does the bike season start for you?

When does the bike season start for you?

• December

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • January

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • March

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • April

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • It never stops...

Votes: 65 70.7%

• Total voters

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo said:
You're quite correct on the snow issue. I never even touched a bike the first 2-3 winters I lived here.
next winter will be my 4th season here. it could be a whole new world for me. maybe i'll venture as far as *gasp* reno.

i biked a ton more during the winter when i lived back in connecticut. much less snow on the ground, more biking friends, and the skiing sucked.

i rode the trainer a bunch this winter. that doesn't count though, does it?
didn't think so.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Sheez, when I lived in the bay area, I ONLY rode MTB's when it was raining, as there are so many skateparks and dirt jumps that it was a waste a time to ride on trails with sun.

I ride trails in the pouring rain, so I guess my season never stops. Things mellow out during the fall though. Here it's so fvcking humid that I want to kill whoever decides the weather. Cold, windy and humid is a retarded combination. Almost as retarded as cold, windy, humid and foggy. Fvck that, I'd rather do homework, eat my toenails, and take an enema of vodka than ride in cold that doesn't at least allow cool views.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My bike gets put away for the winter and I ski. I really got into skiing this year. I'm kind of bummed ski season is pretty much over, but needless to say I am looking forward to MTB season. I'd say I usually start riding in early April. My first ride of '06 will hopefully be this Saturday.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
bikenweed said:
Sheez, when I lived in the bay area, I ONLY rode MTB's when it was raining, as there are so many skateparks and dirt jumps that it was a waste a time to ride on trails with sun.

I ride trails in the pouring rain...

Interesting approach. Not sure where you rode but many of the really fun trails out here get completely trashed and eroded if you ride them wet, making lots of work for trail workers and fueling anti-bike sentiment. Especially steeper DH-style trails. Maybe you don't care, but that is the main reason I stay off them when it's really sloppy. I ride urban, road, and other concrete fun during our wet season, then head for the dirt the other 9 months of the year.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Interesting approach. Not sure where you rode but many of the really fun trails out here get completely trashed and eroded if you ride them wet, making lots of work for trail workers and fueling anti-bike sentiment. Especially steeper DH-style trails. Maybe you don't care, but that is the main reason I stay off them when it's really sloppy. I ride urban, road, and other concrete fun during our wet season, then head for the dirt the other 9 months of the year.
pvssy...:) :) :)