Quantcast

When is a lifted truck too big????

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
personally i dig a shorter lift and cut out fenders to stuff some big tires in.

THAT truck is beyond redemption. the owner must have an inverted penis.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
maxyedor said:
When the lift actually hurts offroad performance, thats when it's too big.
:stupid:

That is a very acurate answer. It's a fine line between lifted enough and too much when looking at performance. But much like the nature of the SUV, a large percentage of lifted trucks in my area never go off-road. It's a "look how small my penis is" statement.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
jimmydean said:
:stupid:

That is a very acurate answer. It's a fine line between lifted enough and too much when looking at performance. But much like the nature of the SUV, a large percentage of lifted trucks in my area never go off-road. It's a "look how small my penis is" statement.
if thats the case with this monstrosity, this guy must be working with a grain of rice.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That's a huge image! Good thing I have the firefox zoom image extension.

I can't stand when people lift trucks and put big offroad tires on trucks, when they only use them for street. If it's going to be a street truck, fine - make it perform for street, instead of ruining it for street and dirt.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
mtnbrider said:
That's a huge image! Good thing I have the firefox zoom image extension.

I can't stand when people lift trucks and put big offroad tires on trucks, when they only use them for street. If it's going to be a street truck, fine - make it perform for street, instead of ruining it for street and dirt.
that truck isnt made for dirt bud

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Full Trucker said:
When you can't feasibly get a dirtbike into the back of it. That's when it's too big.
And that is why I sold my lifted Chevy and bought a 2 wheel drive. I could get my bike in the back by myself, but it was a huge pain in the ass.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
It begs the question though, was it a monster truck that just had the transport tires on it? When monster trucks are hauled around in their semis, they put normal size wheels on them so they can fit in the trailer, and they look just like this.

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
Cooter Brown said:
It begs the question though, was it a monster truck that just had the transport tires on it? When monster trucks are hauled around in their semis, they put normal size wheels on them so they can fit in the trailer, and they look just like this.
Not a monster truck, this is a daily driver!!!

Here is the sitehttp://www.gt-pitstop.com Look in the gallery (Big Blue)

MikeL

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
LI NY
After my product manager dude Todd sent me this link I signed up specifically to the forum just to say that this truck is lifted TERRIBLEY and to show you guys what a real lifted truck should looks like...

More photos here
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v73/ihaveabruiser/Monster Mash/?start=20
and here Monstermashtruck.com

This what a lifted truck should look like when you want to put real big tires on it...and im not talking 35s" This truck has Swamper 49" Irocks on it.

Allow me to introduce you to Monster Mash, it has been in my family for some time. Its an 88 Ford f-350 with 18000 original miles on it, its been a show truck since day one and at my house we know how to lift a truck...

This truck has been changed over to a full triangulated 4 link suspension with Nitro shocks just like on a real monster truck. its 5:13 gears in the rears, a divorce mounted transfer case and a 460 big block and a 5 speed transmission. tilt bed and hood and suicide doors are just a few of the goodies.

When you want to really lift a truck, you ditch those BS lift block and rediculousy arched leaf springs and 4 link it. Thats the CORRECT way to do it.

Lifting it the way he did is a joke, like someone else said it doesnt even have a front drive shaft...I wonder how far he would go in the mud, sand, rocks without that... not to far . Lets not even talk about how it ride...you would feel ever little piece of sand :rolleyes:

Well yea rant off :mumble:

-Mike

MikeL

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
LI NY
ska todd said:
Welcome to the monkey Mike!! I love getting you riled up. It's fun :)

-ska todd

HAHA Todd, you know me I cant let something like this pass me by without my 2 cents :D

-Mike

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
GeoffW said:
The least amount of lift for the largest tires is what I work by
Absolutely. The only kind of 'lift' worth having is big boots; Clearance under the diffs is all that matters.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
Enough lift (and all of the other neato offroad goodies) to barely get you through the gnarliest terrain you're not too scared to try.

There's no point in having 'El Supremo Rock Crawler' if you can't even drive down a fireroad without thinking "Damn, I'm bad ass, look at me go!".

buildyourown said:
The whole point of a lift is so you can run bigger tires. If he put huge 5ft tall meats on it, then it wouldn't be too much.
Not all that true. A body lift is for larger tires yet a Suspension lift is made for travel. I personally think you should choose one or the other. Body lift if yoou are just driving down the street and using the truck for LIGHT off road use. The suspension lift is for rock crawling and HEAVY off road use. The only reason to run both is when you want really big tires and have a long arm style suspension and have run out of room for the fender cut out. Though there is still no reason . That truck really needs bigger tires because it looks like a fat kid with squinty eyes.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
caputo1989 said:
Not all that true.

ok, I should put that in better context. On a solid axle truck, if you want more clearance, you need bigger tires. If you want bigger tires, you need to lift it a bit. Most people choose the sus lift cause you also get a bit of travel and it's pretty F'en easy and cheap on a solid axle ford.
Besides, that truck has 3ft of body lift.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Honestly, my preference is like a 6" lift on a Ford Ranger or a Toyota Tacoma or Tundra for that desert runner look. I love it.

I want the front of the truck like 4" higher than the back... :agree: