Quantcast

When is a lifted truck too big????

legend_killer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
C-town, NC
body lifts are stupid, that truck is stupid.

now I'm not knocking 4wheelin' but trucks like that are what make 4x4 people look bad. on the subjet of body lifts... body lift throw everything out of whack, and shouldn't exced 3''

FYI: I'm not talk out my ass, I happen to own my share modified 4x4s

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I used to have an old lifted beam axel Hilux, but I only lifted it enough to clear the 34" rubber at max articulaton.
Personaly I recon anything beyond that won't improve the vehicle in any way, not in looks or performance.

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
caputo1989 said:
Not all that true. A body lift is for larger tires yet a Suspension lift is made for travel.
I personally reckon, bugger the body lift, cut sh1t off it till the tyres fit.

Yes, that's tyres with a "Y", bitches

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
DaveW said:
I used to have an old lifted beam axel Hilux, but I only lifted it enough to clear the 34" rubber at max articulaton.
Personaly I recon anything beyond that won't improve the vehicle in any way, not in looks or performance.
Couldn't agree more, I have a 2" lift on my Rover so that I can fit 32's and get a full 8" of travel. I'm going to go for 10" of travel soon, and won't need more than a 3" lift. Articulation is where it's at, I can get through plenty of stuff that guys with 10" lifts and 40's can't because my wheels stick to the ground and get traction. If you look at a trophy truck next to a stock truck you will notice how little those things are lifted, yet they own most all other trucks offroad.