Quantcast

When supporting your kids team goes too far..

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I was just reading that, that's right down the road from here.

Lame-o.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
Well... it was a rugby game.
Aw crap, I'm about to agree with N8.... It's a rugby match! What do you expect? It's not a good rugby match if there's no hooligan riot!

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Damn True said:
...and in other East Bay news the dude who threw the beer on Jason Giambi at this weekends game turns out to be the son of the mayor of Layfyette.

I have no idea why anyone would go to an A's or Raider game.
I miss A's games. I love the A's, too bad I'm down here in LA now...

But yeah, I've seen some bad stuff go down at games...people are dumb.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Damn True said:
I ask the same thing about going to a Giants game. Why would somebody pay that much money for a ticket to see a mediocre team in an overcrowded stadium. Of course, most people don't go to watch the game they just talk on their cell phones for about three innings and then leave.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Ciaran said:
Aw crap, I'm about to agree with N8.... It's a rugby match! What do you expect? It's not a good rugby match if there's no hooligan riot!

I know you're goofin but that is stupid. It was girls high school rugby game, um, not exactly a world cup soccer match, and regardless, it's stupid to get violent over any sports event, just not worth it. Nice examples for the kids, I'm sure they'll turn out great. I hope those dudes go to jail.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stupid ass mob mentality makes me want to punch someone. Wait a minute... :p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
OGRipper said:
I know you're goofin but that is stupid. It was girls high school rugby game, um, not exactly a world cup soccer match, and regardless, it's stupid to get violent over any sports event, just not worth it. Nice examples for the kids, I'm sure they'll turn out great. I hope those dudes go to jail.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stupid ass mob mentality makes me want to punch someone. Wait a minute... :p
Yes, I am just goofing around. It would seem that the fact that violence should not be part of a childrens team sports should go without saying. Apparantly we are wrong about that. Someone should have told the parents.

Yes, it is very stupid to get violent over a sport. Any sport, but especially a spectator sport. I really don't understand those Raider fans. You're not playing in the game, you have no impact on the outcome, the outcome has no impact on you (aside from whatever illegal bet you made), heck the team doesn't even know you exist. Yet you get into a brawl over "your" team. I just don't get it.

And what highschool has a rugby team anyway? A full contact sport without helmets or pads. Yeah, that's not a lawsuit waiting to happen. Especially in California. (Actually does anyone know... Do they use helmets or other safety gear in high school rugby?)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Damn True said:
Dude, I've seen stuff go down at 49er & Giants games. Wasn't it last year a guy was stabbed and killed walking out of Pac Bell, lets see beer thown on me or killed:think: I'll take the beer.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Joe Pozer said:
I ask the same thing about going to a Giants game. Why would somebody that much money for a ticket to see a mediocre team in an overcrowded stadium. Of course, most people don't go to watch the game they just talk on their cell phones for about three innings and then leave.
Because they can watch Barry Bonds not realizeing he's taking steroids and hit 400 HR's in a season. Isn't it amazing how Barry has dodged this whole steroid thing, and the Giants fans still love him :rolleyes:. The guy has hit 200+ more HR's than he should have.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Damn True said:
To score some rock outside the coliseum after the game. Duh!

vallEbikes

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
amherst mass
man thats really scary, i kid on the high school hocky team in my town kicked his coach to death with his skates on....... and i live in a fairly safe town.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
people are st00pid. they should all be killed (except the ref that got the beating)