Quantcast

When things don't go right ! -- The crash thread

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
and this is perhaps one of my favoritest bike pictures.

my friend rusty trying a no footer at the bottom of chinese dh:

makes me laugh hard.
Awesome. Great pic. What happens after that? Would be a great save if he pulled it out.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
he was haulin ass and a nice crash to finish it off with. Tough kid to get up from that and give er again. Love that photo of the step down on the other thread.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
My first crash photo! Out of the hundreds of MTB photos I've shot I never managed to get any crash shots. Usually I lowered the camera form my eye to make sure the rider came out ok. So i was actually pretty stoked on this photo since it was a first time thing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, you can see it below the landing. Bet he shreded his rear dereilleur pretty nicely on that one.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Sometimes it's the simple things that can be so hard....

Ya know, we're all laughing.......on the inside.....How many times have we pulled a fabulous fantastic stunt like that before? We can all feel the pain. However, to memorialize it like this is an added bonus.....

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ya know, we're all laughing.......on the inside.....How many times have we pulled a fabulous fantastic stunt like that before? We can all feel the pain. However, to memorialize it like this is an added bonus.....
My favorite part is that there's a kid, who can't be more than 6 or 7 riding it behind the guy on the ground.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
My favorite part is that there's a kid, who can't be more than 6 or 7 riding it behind the guy on the ground.
yeah, saw that.....LOLOLOL!!!!! To be shown up by a 7 year old.....LOLOL...

:think: Wait....ahhhh...nope I was wrong, the kid that showed me up was 10. Whew................

:D

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
No riding pics, but...

If your doctor ever says they need to do a stress x-ray, punch them directly in the face.

Fell during practice at highland this past weekend and hurt my thumb pretty good. Went to the ER, said I likely had an Avulsion fracture, where the ligament pulls off the bone and takes some with it. They splinted me up and scheduled me up at the hand doctor today.

Went in there today, and they said the ligament most likely snapped. They were testing it by doing this test where, if you took your left hand, put it on a table, pinky down, hand verticle, thumb out, as if you were holding a glass. Looks like this:

Then, looking straight down at your thumb, use your other thumb to hold the big knuckle, and twist the top of the thumb clockwise to see how much lateral rotation you get. Should be maybe 10*. In the office, mine was around 20*, hurt like hell. They wanted to take a stress x-ray to see what was going on. Fine, sure, do it up.

We head on over to the xray room, the nurse suits up in lead, ready to do the same thing. Only by 'stress x-ray', they don't mean nicey nicey like back at the office, oh-ho-ho-no:

They twist that puppy to see how far it goes. Around this time I thought I had started making out with the nurse, since she was kind of cute. Turns out I was just coming back from almost blacking out. The nurse said afterward that she thought it might have gone all the way around, and was freaked out by it. Worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life.

So yes, going under the knife next friday to hook that baby back up. Put a small hook into the bone, put some thread through the ligament, pull it around the hook and we're ready to rock. Minus the 2 months in a cast and then 2 months of PT after that.

I asked if I could ride, she said yes, but not with your thumb (after the surgery), light stuff. I'm totally going into surgery with an ODI grip to see what they can do.

So much for my last collegiate season. I'll be there cheerleading for the guys.