Quantcast

When things don't go right ! -- The crash thread

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Got another good one on Saturday. Slipped a pedal off of a drop... it literally sprayed blood onto my shoe until it clotted enough to run down my leg. Check out the laces.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
another over shot jump another shattered bone and more surgery.

after surgery shots (before looked the same minus the cut)

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Talk about squirting blood out... Slipped a pedal at the skate park hopping a grind box to manual. Came out of the manual to hop back off the grind box and slipped it in the air,came down 2.5 ft with my leg in between the pedal and the ground.
Tore a 3" chunk of my skin along with it and took it to the bone.

JasonJ

Chimp
Apr 10, 2010
Totally not the thread I should have been visiting while trying to munch my snacks! But hey, practice makes perfect!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Me, from today at Trumbull.

My sole thought before touchdown was " did i get the shot..." and indeed, I did!:thumb:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Forgot I had this pic from the summer...

I crashed and a tree broke my fall. Don't worry you tree huggers, the tree was OK (unfortinuately my arm was not).

MrMentallo

Chimp
Feb 25, 2014
Brand new Ellsworth wheels and my buddy taco's them on the first ride. He took a rollable 5 ft drop a little too fast and basically hucked it to flat as the transition is really short. He totally wasn't ready for the huck versus rolling it and got squirrely on the rollout. He is now known as taco bitch as he cooks really good tacos after rides. Wheels, carnitas, strip steak, chicken, what ever taco you need, he does it like a champ.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I wish I had pics...but last spring, on my last ride before leaving Germany I muffed it hard. My buddy and I were in the woods, on a short, gnarly drop off to pavement. I led out, and rand my bell as you are supposed to do as I closed on the sidewalk. A dog appeared out of nowhere, off leash, closely followed by his headphone wearing owner. She looks up at the last moment (The look on her face was priceless!), I try to correct in mid drop, twist bars left, and endo on to the pavement at an angle that according to Newton I should not be able to attain. I prang my newly rebuilt front, land on my head and sprawl out on the pavement. Cost me a wheel, a helmet and my Suunto watch. Just got the replacement watch back from Suunto after they totaled out the old one...good company!