Quantcast

When threads go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
i weigh 240 and ride super aggressively on the east coast, FR and DH, and have taken some hard hits that made me cringe, and my DHR has help up all season. if its setup right, that shouldnt happen.

it also helps to have an avy.:cheers:
You know, i was going to say that but decided against it for fear of the anti-avy crowd beat on me.

I have an avy on my 04. I reckon the shock has alot to do with how reliable my frame is. The romic was a peice of poo that couldn't handle a sideways force, and im not so sure about the DHX with its aluminum shaft.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
someone should tell zmtber to read other posts before posting.
i did read the others and i am just restating that i agree, and i believe the man who broke is frame is just feeding us a bunch of BS so he can get his frame warranted so he can sell it, and its not that he is sick and tired of turners, but just wants to ride another bike. Who can be sick and tired of turners?

Zankou

Chimp
Mar 7, 2006
Man! Why are turner owners such overzealous dickheads? Sh!t between this place and the mtbr tuner forum, it seems like the majority of you turner owners have a stick shoved up your asses.

Oh if it broke, you set it up wrong. Oh if it broke your riding style sucks. Oh if it broke you're an idiot .....

Give it a rest, I know you all think dave turner is gods greatest gift to bicycle designers, but honnestly get over yourselves. Who are you to judge this guy?

I'd never own a turner just to avoid being confused with YOU people.

So this guy broke 4 frames and is sick of it. I think it's warranted that he be very upset. If I broke the same frame 4 times I'd be cursing dave turner up and down the block.

I say get the new bike back on warranty, and sell it and try something else. at the price turners go for, you pretty much have your pick of any bike out there as replacement. Good luck with the new bike search.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Man! Why are turner owners such overzealous dickheads? Sh!t between this place and the mtbr tuner forum, it seems like the majority of you turner owners have a stick shoved up your asses.

Oh if it broke, you set it up wrong. Oh if it broke your riding style sucks. Oh if it broke you're an idiot .....

Give it a rest, I know you all think dave turner is gods greatest gift to bicycle designers, but honnestly get over yourselves. Who are you to judge this guy?

So this guy broke 4 frames and is sick of it. I think it's warranted that he be very upset. If I broke the same frame 4 times I'd be cursing dave turner up and down the block.

I say get the new bike back on warranty, and sell it and try something else. at the price turners go for, you pretty much have your pick of any bike out there as replacement. Good luck with the new bike search.

WOW nice retort! You must do well in school.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

What if his new frame breaks too? And the next one? If we're not allowed to call him a hack now, where do we draw the line? What if one day he has broken every frame in existance, thus (despite the thousands of satisfied owners) proving that all bikes are inherently crap. Will the universe implode on itself?

It seems to me you possess the kind of deductive logic commonly associated with a letterbox or similar inanimate object.

boozy1976

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
world-euro-ger-bavaria-munich

i'm with you Zankou in all points! also not riding a turner.
i ride a sunday and heard some people say, sam hill broke his rear triangle 3 times on one day!!!
that upset me too.
it's a kind of jealousness that you guys don't get these frames any close to the point to be broken.
otherwise there is that fear that turner CAN break-that slows some of you turner riders at least mentally.

i had to post this
it's 9:00 and had my first coffee in work-perfect for a post like this :banana:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jesus christ, yes turners are bikes and bikes break. I warranteed my 03 because it got stress cracks. But for the love of god look at that frame!!. The downtube ripped off the freakin bottom bracket and the bearings ripped completely out of a fairly large and stout machined piece.

It's not that a turner broke Zankou..........look at the fvcking thing!! I haven't said a single thing about bike setup because a failure of that magnitude has nothing to do with what spring someone's running. It looks like the damn thing was either never heat treated or jumped off a bunch of rooftops onto flat landings. I'd have the exact same response about a lot of frames failing like that.

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
I don't know what 360 has done but jeez. Did you guys see the pictures of Des Curry at the worlds when he cased that water hole jump and his boxxers broke, well he was riding a turner and it didn't break and that was a serious hit, so i don't know what 360's doing.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
That's only because boxxers are even more weak than turners. Especially the air sprung ones. Oh and fox 40's crack all the time so I'm not riding one of those, and I saw on a forum somewhere that a guy's sister's cousin's avy suddenly became not waterproof and exploded sending piece of the shock body into his dog's leg and I like dogs so now I can't buy an avy.

Far as I can tell, the only thing safte to buy is a Motiv with a 888 on it.

jpk1080

Chimp
Sep 13, 2006
1) you obviously abused the bike

2) posting pictures and an incomplete story online will only hurt your credibility in terms of getting a replacement bike

3) turners are pretty damn solid when applied to the type of riding they are advertised/marketed towards.....I missed a landing on an 18 foot drop and flat landed it and totally exploded.....not even a hairline fracture on my bike......i felt guilty for even doing that drop because the bike is not intended for that kind of riding......

4)maybe delete this post and give turner a call......then get a highline, it's probably more tailored for your "style" of riding
wow i think you'd be dead if you had landed on 18 foot drop to flat. i think this little story might hurt your credibility somewhat too huh?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I nominate this thread the pinkbike thread of the week.

It was a tough call between this and the new sinsiter thread

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Damn right, someties it feels like i'm moderating a kindergarten class in here. Between these threads and telling the Sanata Barbara kids not to eat paste, it's a regular laugh riot.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Remind me never to volunteer to mod the DH forum. I'm not planning on having kids any time soon, and see no reason to give myself a bunch of eChildren that I need to go around cleaning up after :p

That picture is fvcking retarded, something weird happened there and it wasn't that Turners are "made out of cheese". The solid machined bearing mount just decided to break in half, and the downtube completey seperated from the botton bracket? That ain't normal. 360: warranty it, sell it, forget about it and move on with your life. Sometimes people just have bad experiences with products.

The latter point goes to the rest of the screaming nazis here on both sides.

Yeah, you should talk to a company before just posting pictures of broken crap, especially with explanations like "This bike was clearly set up perfectly, I never did a thing to it, it just snapped like cheese on a smooth landing." If you think that's the whole story, I hope you aren't wasting money on helmets - they're not protecting anything.

But he did, and everyone got to call each other names, now we can all go inside and have our after-recess snack.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's only because boxxers are even more weak than turners. Especially the air sprung ones. Oh and fox 40's crack all the time so I'm not riding one of those, and I saw on a forum somewhere that a guy's sister's cousin's avy suddenly became not waterproof and exploded sending piece of the shock body into his dog's leg and I like dogs so now I can't buy an avy.

Far as I can tell, the only thing safte to buy is a Motiv with a 888 on it.
No 888s leak through the castings.

And it's a well known fact that all avalanches are water proof. It must have been a preload error.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
360, you gotta tell us more about you, how and what you ride, etc. I mean are you like 350 lbs and didn't get the message that the Rampage is over or something? What is "a big jump"?

The other three frames - were they all the same issue with the shock mount? This is a known issue that has been addressed.

It's a public forum and there are plently of 150 pound racers out there who rarely get off the ground and who would never have a problem with a DHR, but who might be scared of Turners after seeing your post. If you're gonna post at all, be fair and give the complete story.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
i ride a sunday and heard some people say, sam hill broke his rear triangle 3 times on one day!!!
that upset me too.
it's a kind of jealousness that you guys don't get these frames any close to the point to be broken.
I'll tell you right now that your friends are 100% full of ****e! Sam hasn't broken a single frame much less three, much more less three in a day! Feel free to call your friends on BS. I can't think of one rear triangle that was physically "broken" under any normal race/ride non-crash usage.

-ska todd

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Greatest thread ever! My tummy hurts from chuckling.

Nobody's asked him these things so I'll bite:
How much do you weigh?
Do you have pics of you landing any "sweet" jumps?
Who's your favorite rider?....Bender, Palmer, Tomac or Lopes?

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I'll tell you right now that your friends are 100% full of ****e! Sam hasn't broken a single frame much less three, much more less three in a day! Feel free to call your friends on BS. I can't think of one rear triangle that was physically "broken" under any normal race/ride non-crash usage.

-ska todd

I know that he did bend one once, but it was with his bare hands, and its cause he was hunting Kangaroos and didn't have a boomerang handy.

To Iron Horse's and DW's credit, when he threw the newly bent swingarm, it didn't bob even a little bit.

Zankou

Chimp
Mar 7, 2006
What if his new frame breaks too? And the next one? If we're not allowed to call him a hack now, where do we draw the line?
You dont. I dont understand your need to call him a hack at all, but you sure seem driven to because he's talked some **** (and backed up with pictures) about the same bike you ride. Oh no! The world is ending!!!

You dont know him, you dont know how he rides or how he maintains his equipment. If his stuff breaks so what that's his issue to deal with if he continues to break frames, not yours.

Seems to me you turner guys are so fukin proud and full of your bikes. You seem to do more worshiping your bike and posting about it here than you do actually riding it. Smells like overcompensation and insecurity.

It's obvious this guy rides his turner 10x what you do.

What if one day he has broken every frame in existance, thus (despite the thousands of satisfied owners) proving that all bikes are inherently crap. Will the universe implode on itself
What if he did. what then? will the universe implode on itself? no! So why do you fukin care?

It seems to me you possess the kind of deductive logic commonly associated with a letterbox or similar inanimate object.
seems to me you throw around alot of ignorant judgements.

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
It's an e-stoning by a mob of Turner fanatics.

To all the "you must be a hack, to heavy, bad mechanic, have the wrong springers" bikes break - just be thankful it's not yours, get over it and move on.

Jeez so much hate...........................

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Seems to me you turner guys are so fukin proud and full of your bikes. You seem to do more worshiping your bike and posting about it here than you do actually riding it. Smells like overcompensation and insecurity.

It's obvious this guy rides his turner 10x what you do.
Yeah - I don't destroy frames so I must not ride my bike :bonk:
I've ridden a Turner for the past 3 years because it rides the way I like, it's durable, and the company has the best customer service in the business. It's such a shame they've developed this following by doing things right... Damn happy customers always praising a good thing, they'll be the end of the industry!!!

boozy1976

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
world-euro-ger-bavaria-munich

-ska todd
i tell them right away!!!! :bonk:
and i am not less concerend because i do not come any close to stress a frame that it will brake.
otherwise i wouldn't sit in front of a screen and write stoopid posts, rather than riding WCs and Testing the hell out of Prototype Frames!

PROST (going to Oktoberfest right now!!!:banana: )

Status
Not open for further replies.