Quantcast

When ur hanger doesn't exist?

OB1

Monkey
So I have a stripped out derailleur hanger. It's been helicoiled, and now that has failed. Turner says "sorry...don't have any, and no idea where you can get one." I'm posting everywhere hoping someone has an 08 DHR derailleur for me. But what do you do when such a special hanger can't be found? And better yet....why would a company like Turner not have supplies of such a UNIQUE piece for a bike that's less than 5 years old? Yes, I'm frustrated!

OB1

Monkey
Ding ding. Probably not hard to get a local machinist to do it for you, despite what the bike industry wants you to believe.
I've considered copying...but I did NOT consider the fact that Turner may have the drawing for me. NICE! I'll hit them up on that now.

Neither derailleur hanger dot com, ebay, or anywhere else has an 08. Plenty of hangers for the DW link version newer DHR's.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I've considered copying...but I did NOT consider the fact that Turner may have the drawing for me. NICE! I'll hit them up on that now.
Yeah that would be REALLY sh*tty of them to not give you the schematic for it if they don't make the part anymore. IF they don't, post here to blacken there name.