Quantcast

When your own personal hell freezes over....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Eh, this seems like splitting hairs or nitpicking a bit too much to me. I mean don't get me wrong, Ted's an asshole of the highest order but this is hardly the worst thing he's done while in office. It's just highly visible and easy to take umbrage with. And what could he really even do by staying stateside that he couldn't do from Cancun? The answer is nothing, which is coincidentally exactly what he would likely do anyways. So, fine. Let him do him. And maybe there's some adults in the room that can actually help the very fine people on both sides in Texas.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.57.53 AM.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I do find the part "Cancelling vacation plans can be a hassle" amusing...

I mean - cancelling vacation plans (if you can afford it) simply means NOT going on the vacation... or am I missing something?

I mean, it would suck... but really not much hassle. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also, you're all glossing over the fact that having Ted Cruz be out of the country and unavailable is probably actually beneficial for the people of Texas.
he's doing nothing for his constituents while he's in cancun, just like he'd be doing nothing for them if he was in texas. he would just be cold with the rest of them.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I saw the nickname "Cancun Cruz" pop out on FB a few times today. I hope it sticks for a while. It's perfect and may very well piss him off if it sticks for a few years.

A bit like Moscow Mitch, who's not a fan of his own nickname, reportedly.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would assume a Cruz presidency would be dominated by him arguing against whatever policies he implemented the week prior.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Apparently the people who didn't lose power are getting hit with astronomical power bills, because rates aren't required to be fixed and the price cap is absurd. One dude had a ~$16,000 power bill. Because fuck everyone in Texas I guess.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Apparently the people who didn't lose power are getting hit with astronomical power bills, because rates aren't required to be fixed and the price cap is absurd. One dude had a ~$16,000 power bill. Because fuck everyone in Texas I guess.
How many bootstraps is that?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was a state of emergency ever declared? In most modern states (so not texas, obviously) price gouging is illegal during a state of emergency.
How the heck would making it illegal let you know that you need to pull up your bootstraps and be a billionaire to avoid caring about such things?