Quantcast

When your own personal hell freezes over....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was a state of emergency ever declared? In most modern states (so not texas, obviously) price gouging is illegal during a state of emergency.
Yes, but the price hikes were within the established regulations. From what I read if you have non fixed rates for power by kw/hr, it's calculated in part by how much power is being produced. So when the production levels dropped the prices shot up. It's all apparently autocalculated.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yes, but the price hikes were within the established regulations. From what I read if you have non fixed rates for power by kw/hr, it's calculated in part by how much power is being produced. So when the production levels dropped the prices shot up. It's all apparently autocalculated.
They should just shoot their electric bill. Maximum freedom!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Comstock Resources Inc. has been able to sell gas from its Haynesville Shale wells in East Texas and northern Louisiana at premium prices since Thursday. As demand jumps amid the cold, gas at some regional hubs has soared past $1,000 per million British thermal units.

Gas from Comstock’s Haynesville wells was sold on the spot market for between $15 and $179 per thousand cubic feet, chief financial officer Roland Burns said Wednesday on an earnings call. That translates to between $15.55 and $186 per million British thermal units.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Little do they know we used windmills to blow the cold air down to Texas.

My brother told me recently that the hot new theory among the more lizard minded/concerend population, is that the JewAnon space lasers started the fires in OR because the chemtrail juice needs to be properly aerosolized by extreme heat.

Or something. :crazy:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My brother told me recently that the hot new theory among the more lizard minded/concerend population, is that the JewAnon space lasers started the fires in OR because the chemtrail juice needs to be properly aerosolized by extreme heat.

Or something. :crazy:

But I thought ANTIFA started the fires? Are the jews outsourcing space laser operations to ANTIFA or is this more of a lend-lease program?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
But I thought ANTIFA started the fires? Are the jews outsourcing space laser operations to ANTIFA or is this more of a lend-lease program?
My brother is a so-called expert on fire and it's origins, and is therefore part of the conspiracy, I assume. We probably shouldn't take his "professional" opinion of these matters at face value. For all we know he started the fires so Hillary and George Soros could have BBQ baby for lunch.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My brother is a so-called expert on fire and it's origins, and is therefore part of the conspiracy, I assume. We probably shouldn't take his "professional" opinion of these matters at face value. For all we know he started the fires so Hillary and George Soros could have BBQ baby for lunch.
Forest fires burn too hot for good baby cookin', but if you wanted to deep fry...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
to be fair i'm sure they did the exact same thing all the other rich fuckwads who live in texas did when the BiG wInTeR sToRm came. got the fuck outta dodge.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I honestly don't see what the problem was. Tejas has almost 11 million heads of cattle...those things shit like a goose.

1. Fill the bed of your King Ranch/Texas edition truck with cow dung

2. Park your adhoc honey wagon in your garage

3. Ignite dem patties (perhaps by shooting them a lot)

4. ????

5. Profit

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Meanwhile, other states are going WTF? This is mild..oh wait, your power grid is privatized? Genius...sheer genius. I mean, just wait til the profits from the price gouging start trickling down to the those folks in the trailers...