Quantcast

Where are the SoCal peeps?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Seems like there used to be a TON of people from SoCal on this board... Ozzer, Shrymp, Metal, even... (gasp) BMX man! Or did all these folks get banned? :D

I did meet up with (and ride a few trails with) HAB a few weeks ago. Anyone else from the LA/OC area around?:thumb:

This forum has maybe 6 threads in the past few years and most of them are about stolen bikes!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Hi Ciaran... How have you been? Still doing the reef tanks? I built up a 150g in-wall recently.

If you are interested I'll post some pics. Still doing the sword stuff?

BullCrew, what the heck is Gravity PIrates and Dirt Treaders? Never even heard of them. Will have to google.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
All us OC/LA folks are lurkers for the most part but we do exist. We also ride our unicorns to the trailheads.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
This forum used to rage hard with action and rides but alas, most of us ol'school types moved away

Yup, makes me sad. There was a solid crew back in the day. Luckily I moved to the south which seems to be full of guys stocked to ride. No Socal "to cool" attitude either. We have to do a lot of driving out here and weather can be a biatch, but we getter done boy!:rofl:

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
Ya, only hit the trails with you "XC ride DH style" thread dudes once, and that was years ago. Never really met too many riders from this section, so I just end up riding with a couple buddies.

Where the rides at? Somebody post up...

qksl2

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
I'm back here after a few years of being out of the scene! I'm in Upland and loving getting back on both the roady and the mountain bike. Anyone local to the 909 LMK if you wanna ride!

there is still a huge ammount of us la monkeys, but we are all clowns on the interwebs so nobody takes us seriously anymore. no matter, we are always ridiculously busy building at our trails and enjoying the limited ammount of people interrupting our serenity. that being said, "what up?" and we always welcome new heads...

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
Hahaha...I knew you couldn't stay away, Brain. Looks like you have genuine 7 years ago parts on your new frame as well! Welcome back, ya bastid.

OB1

Monkey
OB1=Monkey turned Pirate. I'm the doood who started the Gravity Pirate deal when I moved out here from Charlotte last year. The SoCal scene is still FULL of riders. Just short on events, and legal riding. GP has about 50K posts this year....and we're a SoCal only private DH/FR forum. So guys are obviously anxious for more to do down here. And we're working together to make that happen too. We've done 3 undergound races this year. And we have plans for legal races, and a new bike park next year. Come on SoCal....let's catch up!!

Last edited:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Haha....still here and still riding. It would seem as though FB has become the favored medium. Lurking abounds...

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I've had some lung issues for the past couple years and I've got 2 kids now :thumb:
But now that I've built a light training 29er I'm hoping to get back in the mix.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Holy crap how did I miss this..... Guess I will check in as a socal'r here. Over in Movall, can be found at Fontana having fun.......

Thats about it... and What up Randy.. Been too long

Jan 10, 2012
Huntington Beach, CA
Hey just joined the site. Previously spent a lot of time on the Bmx museum but more and more I'd rather ride than collect. I generally ride an S&M 24 Dirtbike Bmx for dirt jump and street but just picked up a Mob that I'm hoping to use a lot more for dirt.