Quantcast

Where Are You On This Spectrum?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
We get maybe a few frosts a year, haven't bought a jumper for over 10 years and every year I get asked "don't you feel the cold?" or "Don't you own long pants?"
It has been a pretty cool Summer with lots of rain down in convict country.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm spending most days down here in a moderate jacket with a t-shirt underneath and a baseball hat. In a proper winter, I should have a heavy jacket, beanie, long sleeve shirt, and gloves. We need more snow.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's a chilly 48 degrees F here in San Francisco, I had to put on a hoodie this morning to sit outside and enjoy my coffee. :banana:

I grew up in New England and don't miss that shit one bit. I can head to the mountains whenever I need a reminder. That cartoon really only applies to the amount of daylight we get around here, but the days are getting longer already.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I found the winter riding to be a great accelerator of skills such as maintain balance with shitty tire grip, cornering in insane corners, reasonable traction when accelerating and braking, and leaving the talentless hacks behind.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I found the winter riding to be a great accelerator of skills such as maintain balance with shitty tire grip, cornering in insane corners, reasonable traction when accelerating and braking, and leaving the talentless hacks behind.
i do love how colder temps = less crowded trails

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Agreed. Though I'm still a talentless hack.

Riding a fat bike is interesting at times - sometimes its like riding a white skinny for kilometers. Its tiring, but good for balance.