Quantcast

where can I donate my dead car?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I have an '85 Toyota Tercel wagon. it needs a bunch of work done to the engine, and I just want to get rid of it.

are there any places that take dead cars? it has a brand new clutch...... :think:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
junk yard is a good suggestion, thanks.

salvation army won't take it I don't think. their website says they do take dead cars but not old ones like mine....

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Call a junk yard. They will usually give you 50-150 and come get it.
Maybe in FL? I know steel is at a all time high right now, but if they pay at all I would be suprised. Not so long ago you would have to pay because steel prices were pretty depressed. There is a lot of adds in the comunity papers saying "WE HAUL CARS", but I wouldn't count on getting anything in return.

Put an ad on craigslist. Its free and you might get someone to give you a few bucks for it.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
donate it to me!!!!!!!! (or any fire dept)
as long as you have the tittle you can donate it to be used for car fire and extracation drills and then write it off on your taxes!

I know my station would love to have a car to rip into with the jaws.
kai-

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I don't care if I get any money for it. that would be nice but I figure I got the few grand I paid for it out of it and now just need to get ride of it.

setting it on fire does sound cool.....:sneaky:

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
HippieKai said:
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
donate it to me!!!!!!!! (or any fire dept)
as long as you have the tittle you can donate it to be used for car fire and extracation drills and then write it off on your taxes!

I know my station would love to have a car to rip into with the jaws.
kai-
Good idea! Training is always a good thing, and possibly some fun. :p