Quantcast

where can i find protection???

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
It seems like everytime I crash the rocks have a magnet attached to them and the stanchions on my fork go for the rock every time. I have so many scratches in my fork that its going to really mess it up one day. Is there any form of protection for my fork (fox 40) that would protect the stanchions. I absolutely LOVE the one go-ride makes and I'd pay 100 bucks for it if they made one for the fox but they don't (hint hint go-ride). Anyone know of a place that I could get something to protect it at??? Thanks guys.. O yea and if anyone gets the results for the junior experts at mount snow hurry up and post em!!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Maybe you could cut a pvc pipe and connect it to the lower crown on each side. It would cover the stanchions and when it compresses it would move toward the dropouts. You could paint it, but it would still look wierd.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey cheak mtbr i rembember reeding about these stanshion protectors made out of the stuff that the lizzardskins are made of but better

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah thats the noe i saw a couple of peole this week with that and they don't look wierd like that tubing that other guy mentioned

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
cheack for lizard skin or i thing raceface know makes things to help protect your fork and frames cheack if they have anything that would help your fork

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I have a lizard skins chainstay protector. But my chain wore through it. Is there a plastic one or should I just do the tube thing?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Those rip easily. I don't know why they were so poorly designed. It is very hard to slip it on the lower tube. :stosh: And they are always talking about the protection they offer.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
i agreee with zmtbr and adam novatt.....they no what there talkjing about....do what they say not what the guy wiht the mtbrider siads......pvc on a 1599 fork....lol that seems a little stupid if u ask me

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
DH SB RIDER said:
i agreee with zmtbr and adam novatt.....they no what there talkjing about....do what they say not what the guy wiht the mtbrider siads......pvc on a 1599 fork....lol that seems a little stupid if u ask me
There is nothing wrong with fixes like that for expencive ****, if it works well why not. I have a 1000$ target rifle with fishing weights atached to the stock to add weight, its a nice rifle the weights look like **** but it works and that is what counts