Quantcast

where can i get 1.5" head angle reducer cups?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
RTR always replied to my emails really quickly. That's odd. I got theirs, took about a week for shipping.

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
RTR always replied to my emails really quickly. That's odd. I got theirs, took about a week for shipping.
i dunno..i sent the email twice...pm'ed the dude advertising the cups in the forum 13 hours ago but still no reply...

im really interested in these cups because i really like my blindside but its a pain in the a$$ to ride on the local trails (comparing to v10s, supreme dh, and the list grows on)

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Azn Devil, very sorry, we have had a bit of a catastrophic problem with our mail-server and havnt actually recieved any e-mails other than order notifications from our website in the last 7 days which as you can imagine is causing a little problem!

Were hoping (and have been promised) things will be sorted by the morning so all e-mails will be responded to asap once we get them though it may take a little while.

Appologies for anyone who has sent an e-mail that has been ignored.

I have replied to your PM (i only log-on infrequently on here im afraid) just let me know what Q's you have and ill help you how i can.

The cups are still available in the fitments advertised.

Thanks, Rick

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
These look pretty cool. I have a bike with a 130mm head tube. Would they work in my bike? I see the site says +/- 5mm so the -1º would fit but what about the -1.5º fit?

Why is there a max length? Do the cups interlock or something like that?

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
Azn Devil, very sorry, we have had a bit of a catastrophic problem with our mail-server and havnt actually recieved any e-mails other than order notifications from our website in the last 7 days which as you can imagine is causing a little problem!

Were hoping (and have been promised) things will be sorted by the morning so all e-mails will be responded to asap once we get them though it may take a little while.

Appologies for anyone who has sent an e-mail that has been ignored.

I have replied to your PM (i only log-on infrequently on here im afraid) just let me know what Q's you have and ill help you how i can.

The cups are still available in the fitments advertised.

Thanks, Rick
no prob..thx for answering..now check your pm =)

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
how flush are these?
If you are referring to stack height, mine was reduced by 1.5mm compared to the e13 reducer cups after installing these (the opposite of what I expected due to the angle, a pleasant surprise).

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
If you are referring to stack height, mine was reduced by 1.5mm compared to the e13 reducer cups after installing these (the opposite of what I expected due to the angle, a pleasant surprise).
hey udi are you using a set of these cups? do they work for you?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
They work great. IIRC the lip thickness is 2.5mm (maybe 2.0mm) vs the 3mm on the e-13 cups. Depenidng on your top crown, you could run w/o a top dust cap and get your total stack height in the range of 10mm. IIRC a great product for less than I could get them made (no anno..I did all the CAD work) here.

They do require a bit more attention to instal than a non-offset cup as you need to align the cup with the line of the frame (and with each other). The cups are marked and the directions include a procedure to get things aligned...no problem if you have the tools and know how to properly instal a headset...just takes a pit more patients.

The 2* cups were/are a K9 industries product IIRC. Like everything they have their name on, they are vaporware. My guess is that you will have a new frame before K9 releases any product to tthe market.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah I've been using them for a while now. My sunday measured at 63.5deg with the new cups, also extending the wheelbase to ~46.05" (+0.25" or so) which I was keen to try. Great product, great price.

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
Does anyone know if a Cane Creek IS-8 will fit in those reducer cups?
Can't get hold of an IS-2 so just got me an IS-8...

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
hey hab do you know if the bearings from the cane creek double xc flush zero stack reducer will fit these cups or will i have to get another headset/bearings? thx

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
hey hab do you know if the bearings from the cane creek double xc flush zero stack reducer will fit these cups or will i have to get another headset/bearings? thx
Use those that I just mentioned above pal, those will fit and are good thang...