Quantcast

Where can I get a skunk?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Completely random vent:

I'm having problems with the neighbors again. A few months back the neighbor starts yelling at me over the fence accusing my cats of killing his bushes by digging them up and peeing on them. I told him both my cats were fixed and didn't spray and I really didn't think that it was them, but offered to replace any damaged plants, make it right etc. etc. He declined my offer and said it was alright, he didn't mind and didn't want me to replace anything. I also told him if he ever had any problems to just come over and talk to me and we could work it out. He seemed agreeable.

So yesterday, he starts yelling over the fence about cats again saying that the killed his mums. (Nevermind that it's been in the upper 90's for weeks and he never waters anything). He told me that he called animal control and they put out live traps to catch the cats if they come over and mess with the garden.

Okay, he declines my offer to replace any plants the cats may or may not have damaged, he goes from "oh its okay" to "I called animal control" and he doesn't talk to me face to face like a man.

Yeah, it's his right to dislike cats and protect his property or whatever. I can respect that, but what bugs me is he was such a 2 faced jerk about it. We're keeping the cats inside from now on even though they will probably drive us nuts.

What I really need is a skunk to put in one of his traps...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
salt. loads and loads of salt all over his lawn, garden, etc. He'll never grow a single mum again.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
johnbryanpeters said:
If it's enough digging to affect bushes, it's most likely he'll catch skunks anyway. Doesn't sound as though you need to take any action other than to watch.

In our neighborhood it's more likely rats...

Unfortunately I doubt he'll ever tell me if he catches anything. As for the peeing on bushes I suspect that it's an unfixed Tom that comes around everyonce and a while, smells our cats and lets fly.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Ciaran said:
salt. loads and loads of salt all over his lawn, garden, etc. He'll never grow a single mum again.

Supersoaker full of round-up was another idea I had. But I really hate to indiscriminately kill plants.

<- F'in hippy

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
4-5 hours depending on traffic. Probably too far to transport an angry skunk. Can you catch it, box it and ship it to my neighbor? I'll paypal you the shipping costs.

What's brown done for you lately?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Just thought of something... if your cat's do go outside, make sure you have a collar and a tag on them. If animal control happens to catch your kitty they will call you.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Ciaran said:
Just thought of something... if your cat's do go outside, make sure you have a collar and a tag on them. If animal control happens to catch your kitty they will call you.

Thanks for reminding me. We just got their rabies vaccinations updated about a month ago and never put the tags on.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
No. Not really. We've just keep the cats indoors. It sucks sometime because they whine to get out. In someways its kind of cool because the two cats now play with each other. They never gave each other the time of day before. I figure they'll live longer this way so really we are doing them a favor.

Other than that, I've started looking for a job in a different state so I can get the hell out of this horrendous living condition.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
My two cats are indoor kitties...one always whines to go out...but ever since the "Flea Incident" (soon to be resolved!!) I don't let him go on even supervised visits to the outside on our patio....

Both are around 15 lbs. so they could definitely hold their own with the wildlife around our place...but they're too cute (and hungry...don't know why... :confused: ) so they'd prolly get cat-napped by some old woman....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Secret Squirrel said:
Both are around 15 lbs. so they could definitely hold their own with the wildlife around our place...but they're too cute (and hungry...don't know why... :confused: ) so they'd prolly get cat-napped by some old woman....
I wouldn't be so sure about that. friend of mine had a huge 25lb kitty that came home dragging a length of its intestine behind it from an encounter with a racoon.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Westy said:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. friend of mine had a huge 25lb kitty that came home dragging a length of its intestine behind it from an encounter with a racoon.

One of mine is twenty lbs. He tree'd a coon once while I was watching. Went right up after it. Having heard similar stories to Westy's, I thought I was going to have dead cat. But about 30 ft off the ground my cat stopped the chase and climbed back down the tree. The racoon was fortunately a little higher up and they never came to blows.