Quantcast

Where do you go online for recipes?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Looking for suggestions on places to look for recipes and cooking tips online.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I use a few different ones. on my ipad I use Epicurious and Webers "on the grill" app (which is awesome) - I'm also a big fan of http://simplyrecipes.com

I've been using the Weber app for about a month now (since buying my new weber grill) and it has taught me that I have been destroying my grilled food all my life.

Hope these help

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
does Webers have any suggestions on how to make sure their grill doesn't flame up and destroy the already cheap burger patties I buy for parties?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Depends on what I'm trying to cook. For mundane things I usually use Foodnetwork and then review 3-4 recipes for the same thing and then figure out what I like about them and what I don't like, then use them as guidelines, NOT verbatim.

For more exotic items (like a Malaysian curry I recently did) I tend to use the smaller sites that are specific to food from that region.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Mmm... Italian. I think I'm gonna make this great dish I came up with about a month ago.

It is onion and sardines cooked VERY slowly in olive oil till they turn into "mush". then toss with some aldente pasta. Mmmmmm so good.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
none of my cookbooks are by known chef's, they're by styles of cuisine.
Most of mine are as well. Mexican, indian, Thai, italian, cuban etc. Lydia is the only one I have that isn't. I'm thinking about the Paul Prudome one though for some good creole/cajun cooking.