Quantcast

Where does Mozilla FireFox Store your favorites?

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Hey guys, I need to format my C: drive pretty bad.

Where does Mozilla FireFox save your favorites folder at?

I can't find it anywhere, it doesn't dump the favorites in with the ones from I.E 6.0.

Please help me locate where they would be, or what folder it saves them to so I can cut & paste it, and then get my formatting done :)

Thanks..

-Matt

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
BigHit-Maniac said:
Hey guys, I need to format my C: drive pretty bad.
Where does Mozilla FireFox save your favorites folder at?
I can't find it anywhere, it doesn't dump the favorites in with the ones from I.E 6.0.
Please help me locate where they would be, or what folder it saves them to so I can cut & paste it, and then get my formatting done :)
Thanks..

-Matt
It saves them in a different area, so when you move to the next version of Firefox, all of your settings are saved even when you uninstall an old version.

Copy your bookmarks folder into a web email account and mail it to yourself. Now you can import it after you reformat: Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>File>Import and choose "From File" and browse to the file location. You can probably copy and paste the bookmarks file into C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default folder, as well.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Silver said:
Bookmarks Manager has an export function as well, if that's what you're trying to do.

Yeah, that was exactly what I was trying to do.

I didn't realize Firefox saves them as ONE file, unlike IE where it makes an individual file for each bookmark.

:nope:

So, I have em' exported, and will be clear for format sometime tonight, or tomorrow evening :)

Thanks guys.