Quantcast

Where I'll be over the next few weeks

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nice! which distance are you doing?

also, i started watching the documentary "safety to nome" about this. meant to ask about it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
several from alaska, maybe this is him?
I say we support that guy whoever he is. Although I didn't think @Jm_ 's fatty was a Mayor...

He's ahead of Jay Petervary which is impressive in its own right.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
He must be James Moose. The moose avatar gives that away.

His orange fat bike is an RSD, too. Though he also have that chinese black one with blue wheels.

Or did he get a green RSD?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Perhaps @jonKranked and @canadmos you should edit his name out to just initials, so his exploits of poo flinging on here can't be linked to him IRL.

That green one is a Taiwan direct frame I think.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I say we support that guy whoever he is. Although I didn't think @Jm_ 's fatty was a Mayor...

He's ahead of Jay Petervary which is impressive in its own right.
I’m always ahead of Jay on the downhills!
(I ride with him/near him/ not so near him on Tuesday nights when he is in town).
All the drama aside, he is a decent dude. He used to come out and help build trail with us.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That name posted above in #7 (which still needs editing out imo) matches the RM strava person, so I guess we'll have to fling poo at him after all.

I wonder how closely they have to follow the posted route, there's several gone off course potentially shortening the route before rejoining later on.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wonder how one asks for time off to do something like this? Use vacation time?

"Hey boss, going to need to request a few days off"

"oh yeah for what?"

"oh nothing, just going to pedal my frozen balls off into the arctic for a few days over a few hundred miles. no biggie"

"sure go ahead, do that, I won't even make you use vacation time. hope your nuts survive!"

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I wonder how one asks for time off to do something like this? Use vacation time?

"Hey boss, going to need to request a few days off"

"oh yeah for what?"

"oh nothing, just going to pedal my frozen balls off into the arctic for a few days over a few hundred miles. no biggie"

"sure go ahead, do that, I won't even make you use vacation time. hope your nuts survive!"
I had to ask for 4 weeks off when I did Tour Divide, I had sufficient vacation time and the project I was working could cope without me for that period. Then I sent them all the tracking page so they could see where I was. They got concerned when my tracker broke leaving me at the top of a mountain.