Quantcast

Where in tarnation is llkoolkeg...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Awwww shucks! :D I miss your sauciness, also, miss missy.

To make a long story somewhat less long, my former company underwent a management buyout two years ago and my refusal to compliment the unclothed British emperors on their finery eventually led to my dismissal. My boss, the recruiter in the adjacent office and myself were all given severance packages to quietly leave so that the classless limey louts could supplant us after their own lame project fell through. Basically, it was a thinly-veiled effort to recall disbursed stock options from well-tenured employees so that their own comparative piece of the pie was increased. Fvck 'em. I'd been miserable there the last couple years anyways watching them rapidly destroy the company my boss and our team had worked so hard for years to grow.

I gave up herbals for a month to clear out my system for a pee-test and found a better job that started two days after my official last day with the old one. Even though my new job has a comparable base salary, the bonus structure is uncapped and stands to earn me a good bit more than I was making previously. As a result, I have thrown myself into my new position full bore and am working hard to get ramped-up as quickly as possible. I am unfortunately too busy right now to dawdle on the :monkey: as I did before when I sought any method available to alleviate my boredom and make my wristwatch appear to move more quickly. Even if I had the time, I no longer have a cushy private office in which to conceal my loafing. My office space itself is considerably nicer now but is configured in such a manner as to promote team communication and involvelment[READ: no privacy].

Both my bikes need crank/BB work and both of my LBS'es hung me out to dry on my recent trip to Diablo, failing to complete the repairs even with a three week head start in which to do so. I will not patronize either one in the future and still seethe over wasting the second day of my trip sitting in Diablo's shop/tent for repairs they were ill-equipped to tackle(although to their credit, they did try). My weekends of late have been spent chasing bass and tiger muskie on MD's reservoirs instead of my riding friends' back tires. I fixed the brakes on my Chaparral last night, however, so it is likely that I will hit the 'shed this Saturday before attending a riding buddy's birthday BBQ later that evening. I still poke my nose in here to see what's up, but it's usually in the evenings after the wife and kids have gone to bed. Anyone interested can send me a PM to which I'll respond with my email address; discrete monos will get my daytime work email and shifty hooligans will get my at-home email. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
llkoolkeg said:
Awwww shucks! :D I miss your sauciness, also, miss missy.

To make a long story somewhat less long, my former company underwent a management buyout two years ago and my refusal to compliment the unclothed British emperors on their finery eventually led to my dismissal. My boss, the recruiter in the adjacent office and myself were all given severance packages to quietly leave so that the classless limey louts could supplant us after their own lame project fell through. Basically, it was a thinly-veiled effort to recall disbursed stock options from well-tenured employees so that their own comparative piece of the pie was increased. Fvck 'em. I'd been miserable there the last couple years anyways watching them rapidly destroy the company my boss and our team had worked so hard for years to grow.

I gave up herbals for a month to clear out my system for a pee-test and found a better job that started two days after my official last day with the old one. Even though my new job has a comparable base salary, the bonus structure is uncapped and stands to earn me a good bit more than I was making previously. As a result, I have thrown myself into my new position full bore and am working hard to get ramped-up as quickly as possible. I am unfortunately too busy right now to dawdle on the :monkey: as I did before when I sought any method available to alleviate my boredom and make my wristwatch appear to move more quickly. Even if I had the time, I no longer have a cushy private office in which to conceal my loafing. My office space itself is considerably nicer now but is configured in such a manner as to promote team communication and involvelment[READ: no privacy].

Both my bikes need crank/BB work and both of my LBS'es hung me out to dry on my recent trip to Diablo, failing to complete the repairs even with a three week head start in which to do so. I will not patronize either one in the future and still seethe over wasting the second day of my trip sitting in Diablo's shop/tent for repairs they were ill-equipped to tackle(although to their credit, they did try). My weekends of late have been spent chasing bass and tiger muskie on MD's reservoirs instead of my riding friends' back tires. I fixed the brakes on my Chaparral last night, however, so it is likely that I will hit the 'shed this Saturday before attending a riding buddy's birthday BBQ later that evening. I still poke my nose in here to see what's up, but it's usually in the evenings after the wife and kids have gone to bed. Anyone interested can send me a PM to which I'll respond with my email address; discrete monos will get my daytime work email and shifty hooligans will get my at-home email. :thumb:
i feel real baked after reading all of that. Anyone got any chips? :cool:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Skookum said:
i feel real baked after reading all of that. Anyone got any chips? :cool:
Hahaha. I pride myself on the ability to induce headaches and comas with unstructured stream-of-consciousness rambling. I doubt anyone here has elicited more :confused: smilies over the years than I, with the possible exception of either shocktower or drunken_ninja. :D

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
WestCoastHucker said:
i claim dibbs on miss missy until you are able to make a proper comeback. i will return her very gently used.........

ok, maybe not so gently....
So your giving the guy sloppy seconds, or hundreths?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
dh girlie said:
sweet! I'm splattered! :D
Careful! It sounds like you're about to be e-bukkakied by encircling cro-magnons. Better don the shop goggles and take a deep breath...

This particular aspect of duh internet always reminds me of the Jimmy Buffett song "Fins". :)