Quantcast

Where is my "Lahar"?

Punter

Chimp
May 8, 2006
well have a look at that.. a cromo lahar.
not much new there, its a lahar with a vertical shock, no more no less.
still she looks a beauty, top work fellas

guytzuv

Chimp
May 16, 2006
Dear mr Aaron (no skid marks or other so called "agents/ close friends" please don't comment) yes you, why don't you come out from the cave you've dug yourself into and show yourself. you still owe money/bikes to a lot of people (my pal has been waiting for more than a year) either take a loan from the bank and start paying back or start shipping out frames if you keep on ignoring the world you will go down in history as the th**f who makes carbon frames, the fact that you're over there in nz doesn't mean you can get away with it.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Dear mr Aaron (no skid marks or other so called "agents/ close friends" please don't comment) yes you, why don't you come out from the cave you've dug yourself into and show yourself. you still owe money/bikes to a lot of people (my pal has been waiting for more than a year) either take a loan from the bank and start paying back or start shipping out frames if you keep on ignoring the world you will go down in history as the th**f who makes carbon frames, the fact that you're over there in nz doesn't mean you can get away with it.
Yep, that'll work.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
That was an exciting day wasn't it? Just a prototype strapped to the back of a car :popcorn:

Ride this weekend?
Yep. Look forward to the real thing. There's definatly something in the water in Rotorua that encourages genius. Maybe it's the air?

Ride - no off to Aussie tomorrow at 5am!

DHOatmeal

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
To the people that keep sayings yah yah.. wait it's worth it. Are you guys delusional?? seriously.. it's obvious that this guy has no intention on building these frames and the money is long gone and spent.

To the dude who made an account in Feb with like 2 posts.. I find it funny that you state you have talked to him on more then one occasion and your 1 of 3 imaginary bikes are being worked on. It has been 5 months and obvious the dude has no intention on posting here, answering emails or phone calls. If it's been over a year.. dude you are an idiot to think it's logistic problems.

What do you expect the guy to tell people if someone did talk to him.. of course he is going to say "blah blah blah.." just to get you off his back.

Best bet? All the people who have paid for a frame. Make all copies of payment transaction and together call/email the Police and file some wire fraud charges. I rather bet that maybe .. just maybe some sort of recourse would happen if the police at least asked him a few questions..

No one has even mention why the dude till this day have yet to return a call or given an update. Until that has been down to current customers...All post regarding someone that has talked to him are all FULL OF IT. Any any postings on Aaron's behalf has some sort of alternative motive.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You don't drop this kind of cash other than paying via CC. Cancel the transaction. This thread is great evidence for a CC company. Is it that hard?
Sheep or Wolf: You Choose.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Until that has been down to current customers...All post regarding someone that has talked to him are all FULL OF IT. Any any postings on Aaron's behalf has some sort of alternative motive.
Lahars are one of the best DH bikes out there. They're way ahead of the competition in many ways. The G-Boxx bikes can't even come close.
I had spoken to Aarron, he did get me to buy Rohloff hubs for outstanding orders, I let all customers know, and stated I had news in this thread.
Punter has recently spoken to him. I don't think it's your place to call me or him, full of sh1t.
I've done all I can to help the customers get their bikes, with absoloutly no gain for myself. I'd like to see Lahar survive as Aarron is one of the best bike designers ever.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Lahars are one of the best DH bikes out there. They're way ahead of the competition in many ways. The G-Boxx bikes can't even come close.
I had spoken to Aarron, he did get me to buy Rohloff hubs for outstanding orders, I let all customers know, and stated I had news in this thread.
Punter has recently spoken to him. I don't think it's your place to call me or him, full of sh1t.
I've done all I can to help the customers get their bikes, with absoloutly no gain for myself. I'd like to see Lahar survive as Aarron is one of the best bike designers ever.
This post in no way lessens the issue that this thread is about. In fact we've heard it all before.

You are beginning to sound like a parrot. Lahar this and lahar that. I spoke to....someone spoke to....

Why is Aaron getting you to buy the hubs? Could be possibly because he has blown is credit everywhere else?

I call BS.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
This post in no way lessens the issue that this thread is about. In fact we've heard it all before.

You are beginning to sound like a parrot. Lahar this and lahar that. I spoke to....someone spoke to....

Why is Aaron getting you to buy the hubs? Could be possibly because he has blown is credit everywhere else?

I call BS.
Because I could get them cheaper in Oz.
Please do not imply I'm a lier on a public forum.
What Aarron has done is bad, I've never condoned it. I've only stated what I've known.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wow, I would have gone to NZ with a blow torch and some pliers...

guytzuv

Chimp
May 16, 2006
Here we go again, I can't believe no skid still has the nerve to speak in this guy behalf! more than a YEAR has passed!!!! all this forum BS has been going on since JAN and mr aaron can't bother picking up the phone, answering an email saying to the world I'm working on it, you took a lot of money from kids who want to ride!!!! this is criminal s**t, in case you don't get it and actions eventually will be taken. We would like to see a sign of life from YOU, Aaron

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Here we go again, I can't believe no skid still has the nerve to speak in this guy behalf!
I'm not speaking on his behalf, I'm telling people what I know, and trying to get them their F***ing frames, don't break my balls for trying to help. What are you doing, trying to push him further under? Gee that'll help em get their bikes:lighten:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
and the drama continues. it's too bad things have gone sideways for aaron. it's a really neat bike, and i feel for those who've paid & are still waiting. it's really a shame as i love seeing the underground homebuilders pushing the state for the art. it's a brilliant bike, but a businessman aaron is not. i can only hope aaron can somehow turn things around so his current reputation doesn't supersede his design accomplishments. *sigh*

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Reliability
light weight
14speed(6 or 7 would do)gearbox,change multiple gears without even pedalling
minimal maintanence
Weight low and centered in frame
rearward axle path for the best bump absorbtion
Rediculously short headtube for low stack height
Integrated BB and headset
To not buy of a great designer because of his incompitence of running a buisseness won't do you any favors. I want the best bike ever, no matter what the buiders personal short comings are, as long as they don't affect the bike.
If he had them pre made and ready to sell(because someone else was running the buiseness)only a fool wouldn't buy one, they're that far ahead in design(geo could do with some tweaks for me). How do you like them apples? They go well with canned worms.:brows:

Last edited:

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
If I had throw that much money at getting a bike built a world away by a "genious" crackhead, I would kick my own ass. Then I would go find him and beat the **** out of him too. Skid mark can make all the claims he wants but I'd rather ride my crappy big hit for a year than sit on the couch and wait.

As far as Im concerned this man is a thief and a liar.

DHOatmeal

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
What are you doing, trying to push him further under? Gee that'll help em get their bikes:lighten:
That's rich. How would telling people about this FRAUD help push him under? By under do you mean there will be no more/additional money being paid(from NEW customers) for a product they will not recieve?

I think its pretty ridiculous that (YOU) by trying to get their money back after a year of waiting/ignoring emails/contacts/excuses (from a 3rd Party-YOU) would it hinder the current people from getting their Frames. You are the only person pushing this agenda. Why?

TO EVERYONE that have paid MONEY. Contact each other, document all transactions and start the process of pressing wire fraud charges and call the local police. Do this before skid marks gives you more excuses to wait or the possibility of him MOVING AGAIN and losing contact.

LOL @ the guy that said "he's in the process of selling his house to meet/process his orders" oh wait it was Skimarks..

What is your agenda to defend him? Is he giving you a cut?

STOP DEFENDING him unless you can BACK IT UP and start paying the people back $ they have lost

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
"The Policy seems to be if you beat a dead horse vigriously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give a semblence of activity" - Yatzhee Croshaw

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
xy9ine are u the guy who rides Whistler on a Lahar?
That could be Dazza, a Kiwi dude from Christchurch. He rode an older (circa 2000) m6 lahar and has recently moved on to an iron horse. There was another dude Sam riding an m8 Lahar there for a month last year. Or it could be xy9ine, if hes in Whistler too

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Excuse me?

Cant be reliable if they don't exist.

Tell us, your post in January about the bikes being held up as Aaron was waiting on parts - is that still the case?
I have no idea now. I've not spoken to him for a long time. I would imagine it is though.
I have only said what I believed to be the truth. I am not defending Aarron, I just don't think tainting his name will help anyone get their bikes. If anyone wanted to help these people get their bikes, I'd encourage you all to stop the witch hunt now. I'd like to see Lahar survive, as they're an awesome bike.
It really isn't my place to say anything more on the matter, and I've said all I know, I was only trying to help.
I don't wish to partake in this thread anymore as it serves no beneficial purpose, all my comments have been said, and I stand by them, I'm sure you'll find any answers to questions you have to me in the thread above.

2phass

Chimp
Jul 20, 2002
Hey xy,

Although I still have no time these days I did manage to get out on my lahar last weekend (seymour). I still have the bug to ride so next time you are heading out for local ride or even whistler maybe we can hook up. Two lahars flying by should certainly be enough to convert at least a few of the haters.

Cheers

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
WHAT???? your first post was from january and you wrote then that you were already waiting for TEN MONTHS!!!!! that makes SEVENTEEN months!!!! :shocked:

you certainly are a patient customer, i must admit...

i would most probably have gone berserk in the meantime!

did aaron contact you at least?

ronson

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
WHAT???? your first post was from january and you wrote then that you were already waiting for TEN MONTHS!!!!! that makes SEVENTEEN months!!!! :shocked:

Aaron didn't contact me even once for over 6 months.

All the info i got was from third parties who somehow managed to contact him.

And I think they are starting to give up on him as well.

Anyways i'll just wait and see in the meanwhile.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Most painful thread on RM. I feel really sorry for you guys and hope you get your money back. Who would want a bike from that guy at this point.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ

I am really sorry to hear this...:plthumbsdown:

But honestly, I think you should take it into legal matters at this point.

DHOatmeal

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
Aaron didn't contact me even once for over 6 months.

All the info i got was from third parties who somehow managed to contact him.

And I think they are starting to give up on him as well.

Anyways i'll just wait and see in the meanwhile.
:imstupid: What makes you think they people who have said they contacted him in fact did??? For every person on here that have told you do wait and be patient and don't call the cops because it would make it worst is ONLY this to give this @ss more time to flee with your money. If you stated calling the cops 3-6 months after payment.. then maybe you could of got your money back.

You are stupid to not do anything. Please look at my suggestions/repondses before. You ONLY recourse is to start calling local authorities and file a complaint for FRAUD or whatever charges you can make. Give ALL info you have on him. Let the authorities deal with it. You may or maybe not get your money but at least the police will know and it is recorded. Maybe he will rip off hte wrong person in the future and you telling the police maybe contribute to him getting arrested/charge. GOD you are stupid to wait so long and do nothing.