Quantcast

Where is my "Lahar"?

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
And while I feel for the guys who have lost their money and will never see a bike (which is what I believe, they will never get the bike they ordered) I have to think if you haven't seen the light and started legal action by now, you kind of get what you deserve.
Do you have any idea how much an international law suit will cost? It is not going to be less then the cost paid for the frames. Why throw good money after bad, thats so, so, so stupid.

And what makes you think he is going to have money to pay any legal settlement that could be made after its all said and done. One would assume the lack of cash flow was what caused the problem in the first place.

I am not in anyway defending Lahar, just being practical. IMO the best course of action has always been to try and pressure lahar to get the frame built, regardless of how long it takes.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I'd agree with you a year ago.

What has it been 18 months now? And the only communication he's getting is through a guy named Punter on an internet bulletin board? Come on, he will never get this bike. And how many others are in the exact same position?

I'd think that a guy with $4K to spend on an exotic hand built frame (cough) has some money to get some kind of recourse. I don't know international law, but isn't this considered fraud? This guy making the Lahar needs to spend a little time in jail thinking about how wrong it is to take fleece out of country buyers out of their hard earned cash.

Last edited:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
yep, its a myth. there is no development or any sign of an M10 other than in aarons head.
From your post on vorb.org.nz forums July 23, 2008

The M10 is underway and is going to be shizner hot. My names on the first one for testing. I canny wait. Might even be able to do an exclusive vorb review when i get her. but maybe not, see what azza says.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
This situation is pretty bad for all that is involved - including lahar.

I dont want to comment on the situation itself, but, if i had heard my $3500 frame was being made in a 'cold garage' (which has been stated as not ideal and 'stink') i dont think i would want it - add to that the complete lack of warranty now and the frame could be no more than a lump of fragile black carbon.

We all know lahar knows his carbon and bike construction and is great at making these bikes and they are tough as nails but will this still be the case being made under these conditions?

Rick

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
no one is immune from the power of google :)

incidently, that thread was the first hit when I typed in "lahar" and "fraud" :biggrin:

leDude

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Just kidding...but on the real: the guy who is responsible for this mishap should definitely get punished in the right way (karma will nonetheless do for us what we have not been able to do for ourselves)

Kram

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
New Zealand
yep, its a myth. there is no development or any sign of an M10 other than in aarons head.

sorry i couldnt get anyhting achieved but the situation i saw when i got there pretty much explained everything. the conditions are pretty stink. its unfortunate cause he probably has completely ****ed Lahar as a brand.
mate he did that years ago. most locals knew what a unit he was way back and to stay clear. You only had to look at him to see theres a screw loose. Makes good bikes but yeah... theres something wrong :crazy:. Unfortunately now he's spread his bull**** on unsuspecting foriegners. I feel sorry for you guys and bad to have such as complete tard giving Kiwi's a bad name.

Punter

Chimp
May 8, 2006
mate he did that years ago. most locals knew what a unit he was way back and to stay clear. You only had to look at him to see theres a screw loose. Makes good bikes but yeah... theres something wrong :crazy:. Unfortunately now he's spread his bull**** on unsuspecting foriegners. I feel sorry for you guys and bad to have such as complete tard giving Kiwi's a bad name.
up until the middle of last year Lahar had a name as one of the nicest handmade bikes in the world, orders were coming in from everywhere. So, you're wrong cobber. The bad name only started when people have heard that this bike hasnt been built or delivered, and with good reason too, its a **** thing to do. You opinion that Lahar had a bad name since years ago is not something i agree with.

p.s. I doubt you're my mate.

Kram

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
New Zealand
friendly guy...yeah we all know he makes unique bikes that are well made - not disputing that. All i was saying is that it has been common knowledge that he's a spinner for many years, and because of that reason people in the know stayed clear. Now people overseas are just finding that out the hard way. sad

Punter

Chimp
May 8, 2006
friendly guy...yeah we all know he makes unique bikes that are well made - not disputing that. All i was saying is that it has been common knowledge that he's a spinner for many years, and because of that reason people in the know stayed clear. Now people overseas are just finding that out the hard way. sad
yer. tru that, he is a bit out there. but thats aaron. Hes a hardcase because of that. this whole thing is just a real pile of crap and a shame its happened(is happenening)

DHOatmeal

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
Admin edit: stop being inflammatory and name-calling. Discuss it if you want, but stop with the insults. -bV

Last edited by a moderator:

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
Do you have any idea how much an international law suit will cost? It is not going to be less then the cost paid for the frames. Why throw good money after bad, thats so, so, so stupid.

And what makes you think he is going to have money to pay any legal settlement that could be made after its all said and done. One would assume the lack of cash flow was what caused the problem in the first place.

I am not in anyway defending Lahar, just being practical. IMO the best course of action has always been to try and pressure lahar to get the frame built, regardless of how long it takes.
I't would be easier to file a law suit in New Zealand, which I guess anyone is able to do. Which probably wont help much unless the New Zealand courts and police takes these things very seriously.

4speed

Chimp
Mar 15, 2008
New Zealand
Has anyone got there bikes lately from aaron,im still waiting 15months later,and as you would expect are pretty pissed off,with the excuses,its a shame things have come to this but will be taking action against him very shortly.:rant:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Has anyone got there bikes lately from aaron,im still waiting 15months later,and as you would expect are pretty pissed off,with the excuses,its a shame things have come to this but will be taking action against him very shortly.:rant:
have you talked to punter? seems he's the only person to have actually made contact w/ aaron in the last year (have you managed to get a response of any sort?). based on his last visit, things aren't looking optimistic, unfortunately.

4speed

Chimp
Mar 15, 2008
New Zealand
have you talked to punter? seems he's the only person to have actually made contact w/ aaron in the last year (have you managed to get a response of any sort?). based on his last visit, things aren't looking optimistic, unfortunately.
No havent talked to him dont know him,talked to aaron 2 weeks ago got the std reply waiting on tyres this time.it seems he is all ways waiting on some parts.but for 15 months somethings not right.

4speed

Chimp
Mar 15, 2008
New Zealand
damn, i'd forgo the tires for the bike (if that truly was the cause for delay). how have you made contact with him lately?
Yer true , i said id pick it up without tyres but he said no he wants to finish it ,made contact through phone calls.Might take a drive down country soon,and see if any thing has really been done,this whole thing is just bull****.He shouldnt be taking money off people if he cant deliver the product witch he said would take 3 months to finish,15 months later still no bike,

ronson

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Yer true , i said id pick it up without tyres but he said no he wants to finish it ,made contact through phone calls.Might take a drive down country soon,and see if any thing has really been done,this whole thing is just bull****.He shouldnt be taking money off people if he cant deliver the product witch he said would take 3 months to finish,15 months later still no bike,
Well, If you do get to his place tell him I'm waiting for mine for 18+ months.....

I also contacted him and found out were he moved to,and to tell you the truth I think it's not fair that you will get the bike before me(If I will ever get my bike/or money back).

I guess Kiwis take care of their own first........ Aaron you are a low life.

Get me my bike and stop crying about how hard is your life!

4speed

Chimp
Mar 15, 2008
New Zealand
Well, If you do get to his place tell him I'm waiting for mine for 18+ months.....

I also contacted him and found out were he moved to,and to tell you the truth I think it's not fair that you will get the bike before me(If I will ever get my bike/or money back).

I guess Kiwis take care of their own first........ Aaron you are a low life.

Get me my bike and stop crying about how hard is your life!
I dont think it would be fair if i got mine first either,its the fact that we all shouldnt be waiting this long, to get some thing we have payed in full for,i feel sorry for any body still waiting.I sold my racecar in order to get back into dh i decision im now regreting,i havent ridden a bike in over a year.i also have heard every sob story under the sun.....and some,hope by some miracle that we all get our rigs,maybe be should get a real job in order to buy the parts he needs to finish bikes we have payed for,Have got a receipt off him yet!!

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Just have to join the line....
I'm waiting for a (M9)No,M10 and its been a long time too.
Ronson when did you order yours?

Wanna know the worst thing?

They are the best bikes in the world.
Its unbelieveable

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
so fast you can't even see them. Light just slips around the main tubes, making them invisible. So aerodynamic you can't even touch them, the bike just slips from your fingers due to it's incredibly low friction. So exclusive, only people that already have one will ever get one. So expensive, no amount of money will ever get you one.

Those are definitely the best DH bikes in the world. I'll stick to my old, crappy, but actually in my garage, brooklyn.

Anybody who continues to give him business in the future should be shot. this thread belongs in the bad sellers section.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
I have a crappy garage too,But it houses my M9 already.....
And just so you know its the fastest.....:cheers:

I do disagree with your comments about the bike,If you ever get to try one then you will know what I mean.:clue:

FoesDWLink

Chimp
Feb 6, 2008
South Side LA
Just been talking to my mates mum and she was on jury service in Rotorua last week, a certain gentleman was being charged with posession for supply of an illegal substance called 'P'.
He had over 13 grams of the stuff and over 4000 dollars in cash.
Can you guess his name?